Ibiza 1.9 TDI PD130 Boost Pressure Question Newbie needing help!!

SCOTTY84MAC

Hi, I'm a newbie and a recent owner of a 2003 Ibiza 1.9tdi PD130.

The car has been de-cat'd and had the EGR blanked by myself however that is the only know engine mod's.

I'm looking to get the car re-mapped, however I fitted a boost gauge yesterday out of curiosity. The cars maximum boost is 26psi when foot to the deck in third then it drops back to 22psi on full throttle.

I'm wondering what the std boost pressure is supposed to be? The car is quick off the mark, as ever though I'm wanting more power :D but with the boost pressure being so high I'm thinking that it may have already been mapped??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
22psi sounds about right for the standard car.

That peak to 26psi isn't too healthy though! If the car catches it and brings it back into check it should be ok.

You can increase power without increasing boost pressure, however, the engine will be smokey.

The only way to see if it's remapped is to pull the map off the car and compare it to a known standard map or run some VCDS logs and compare.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Up to 20 psi peak is standard boost pressure depending on atmospheric conditions. Sounds like it could be mapped

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Only 20psi?

Thought it was slightly higher at 1.5bar max. Well my old GT1749VA pushed that standard, not remapped. The turbo was in very good condition when I removed it for a more suitable option...

If it is only 20psi then I would say that your car is already remapped.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.