Ignition start button light coming on when vehicle is locked.

May 26, 2023
Hi all,

New user here and new to the Seat Leon Cupra. I have a question which relates to the ignition start button. Has anyone else noticed that when the vehicle is locked the red pulsing light for ignition start is off but if the handle is tried but not unlocked this light will then come on and pulse as normal?

I have the Lux so not sure if this question only relates to these as I am not 100% sure if other models have keyless start. I was wondering if anyone has noticed this before or better still disable it from doing this? My concern is that it flashes until the battery dies.

Thanks.

Last edited:

oldglosracer

Oct 27, 2022
Have a read about how Kessy works, but I expect it's detected the key with you and pulses as it thinks it will be started.

It should go back to sleep after a minute or so.

Make sure you keep your key in a blocking pouch or box, relay theft is very common.

Have a read about how Kessy works, but I expect it's detected the key with you and pulses as it thinks it will be started.

It should go back to sleep after a minute or so.

Make sure you keep your key in a blocking pouch or box, relay theft is very common.
After a certain manufacturing date the keys go to sleep so this isn't a concern for all thankfully. What that manufacturing date was depends on the car

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise