Is it possible to use VCDS to set the electric parking brake to activate when the key is removed? Leon MK3

Ruhel™

Nov 19, 2023
England
Hi. I recently purchased a MK3 Leon and noticed a few times that the handbrake did not activate when I turned my car off, I'm assuming this happened because I let go of the brakes before turning the ignition off. Is there a setting in VCDS I can set to turn the parking brake on when the keys are removed?
Thanks
Ruhel™

I have looked at this post and my (A) AutoHold was on so I don't think it was the issue for me.

Last edited:

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
What year is your car?

My 2018 Leon FR is held by the AutoHold (all 4 brakes) when I stop. It changes to EPB (rear brakes only) when I switch off the ignition.

Ruhel™

Nov 19, 2023
England
What year is your car?

My 2018 Leon FR is held by the AutoHold (all 4 brakes) when I stop. It changes to EPB (rear brakes only) when I switch off the ignition.
Its 2018.
Yep mine does this but is there a way to achieve the parking brake without first using the brake pedal? As in if pull up to a parking spot and pull my keys out when stationary WITHOUT using my brake pedal the handbrake will come on when the keys are removed. I realise this is very much a first world problem. Thank s

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Auto hold only works if the handbrake is in auto mode. Which is annoying.

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
Its 2018.
Yep mine does this but is there a way to achieve the parking brake without first using the brake pedal? As in if pull up to a parking spot and pull my keys out when stationary WITHOUT using my brake pedal the handbrake will come on when the keys are removed. I realise this is very much a first world problem. Thank s
How are you going to pull up & stop without using the brake pedal? Put you foot out the door? (I'm not serious)!

Ruhel™

Nov 19, 2023
England
How are you going to pull up & stop without using the brake pedal? Put you foot out the door? (I'm not serious)!
I am using the brake, I just let off the pedal before the car comes to a complete stop so the car doesn't jerk. But with the Seat you have to keep the pedal pressed to activate the auto hold.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
I am using the brake, I just let off the pedal before the car comes to a complete stop so the car doesn't jerk. But with the Seat you have to keep the pedal pressed to activate the auto hold.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
I just ease off the brake until the car comes to a complete stop then increase the pressure before removing my foot. Works fine - no jerk & AutoHold set.

Reactions: Ruhel™

Ruhel™

Nov 19, 2023
England
I just ease off the brake until the car comes to a complete stop then increase the pressure before removing my foot. Works fine - no jerk & AutoHold set.
Yeah I'm slowly getting used to doing that. I'm just worried I may rush and forget, leading to roll back of the car.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise