Lambda sensor spacer

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
Hi guys need to get a hold of some lambda sensor spacers as i have taken my cat off my car and if keeps throwing up cel light and putting it in gimp mode.

Now does anyone know where i can get these from and if i'd need just the rear lambda sensor or if i'd need one front and rear?

cheers guys

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Not sure where you'd get them, but you'll only need one for the rear sensor. The front one reads the AFR, passes this onto the ECU, which then keeps the fuelling right. So no spacer there!

The rear one is installed to tell the ECU that the cat is working okay - obviously in your case no cat means no worky properly, hence the gimp mode action.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
i have one of those 2 adam but not fitted it yet. not sure weather to put some wire wool inside of it, i read some were that it helps

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
i see them cheers but not sure if i can screw them in as there isnt much room so maybe just a tube spacer so to speak know someone has had this just need to find it

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
guys, gonna see a local engineering place about getting some made, what length after the bend/angle would you recommend? the longer the better?

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
well they quoted about £10 for each one. will find out next week how they get on and how many they make - i am away so wil have to wait - sorry.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.