LCR .. twin fans

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Hi guys, have been reading this post with must interest. When I pop my aircon on, the car feels sluggish to drive and will even stutter when I take off in first gear. As previously mentioned by some of you the car dash lights will dim too. I myself thought this was normal but it seems this is not the case. I have just noe called my local dealer and the service manager seems to think the low speed fan is shot and the high speed fan is trying to compensate for this??

Does that sound like what is going on?

It sounds viable to me, but he has agreed to have the car in for more checks, luckily under warranty.....just....

Will update you all when I get the findings next Tuesday.

Jay

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
I dont use my aircon allot so have never heard the full fan spinning up much.
I turned on the air con this morning and the small fan does not spin untill both fans kick in a full blast. So i will see what muttly reports back with the item.

For now i will continue without air con for awhile.

muttly

Oct 1, 2005
Stamford Nr Peterborough
ok ive fitted the electronic fan controller today.. and i now have my slow speed fans back![B)] ...wasnt to difficult to do at all and ive taken some pics while i was doing it.. so hopefully will do a bit of a guide for anyone thinking of doing it when i get time..although the instructions are very good that you get with it even though they relate to a golf its basicly indentical

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Well had mine in the dealer on Friday and they were telling me it's normal behaviour!

I pointed it out again when I picked it up, opened the bonnet and showed the behaviour quite clearly, but none of the technicians were around that late so they're going to call me back.

Do Seat UK know anything about this failure? If my dealer won't identifty it I'll give them a call and get them to explain exactly what is supposed to happen when the air con is on, or at least try to.

Rebecca

ok ive fitted the electronic fan controller today.. and i now have my slow speed fans back![B)] ...wasnt to difficult to do at all and ive taken some pics while i was doing it.. so hopefully will do a bit of a guide for anyone thinking of doing it when i get time..although the instructions are very good that you get with it even though they relate to a golf its basicly indentical
Hi Muttly

If you wouldn't mind giving us a copy of your photos, we'd be able to make and then send out a specific instruction guide for Leon owners. Our email address is on the web site http://www.nime.co.uk/ if you don't mind.

:worship:

Rebecca

Gnollins

Bosh!
Jul 24, 2006
Yarnton, Oxfordshire
Well had mine in the dealer on Friday and they were telling me it's normal behaviour!

I pointed it out again when I picked it up, opened the bonnet and showed the behaviour quite clearly, but none of the technicians were around that late so they're going to call me back.

Do Seat UK know anything about this failure? If my dealer won't identifty it I'll give them a call and get them to explain exactly what is supposed to happen when the air con is on, or at least try to.

Seat will know about it, whether they will *admit* that they know about it is a different thing entirely!

Should be a recall item in my opinion.

Rebecca

Sounds like Mutley is getting money off his purchase from nime by doing a guide;)

:lol:

Just thinking if we (ie Nime) do a guide for Leon owners it'd save Muttly having to pass them on each time if we put them in it in the first place... but it's up to him.

DH & I only have a Golf so we can't provide Leon pics ourselves. Just a very neat gadget for solving a common problem. ;)

Hope you're all having a nice weekend.

Rebecca

Last edited by a moderator:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
A small discount would not have hurt, even free postage. If a guide is done well it will encourage others to take the plunge and hence purchase the module.

Rebecca

A small discount would not have hurt, even free postage. If a guide is done well it will encourage others to take the plunge and hence purchase the module.

With all due respect, if Muttly is kind enough to share his photos (which he has done) that is entirely up to him isn't it?

As for a guide, it will be my husband who writes the guide. The photos will be a very welcome addition to it.

Thanks Muttly!

As for it being idiot proof, Mukkyman, we can only hope so!

Rebecca

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
With all due respect, if Muttly is kind enough to share his photos (which he has done) that is entirely up to him isn't it?

As for a guide, it will be my husband who writes the guide. The photos will be a very welcome addition to it.

Thanks Muttly!

As for it being idiot proof, Mukkyman, we can only hope so!

Rebecca

Lets just say if i can do it anyone can do it. So when i get round to it i will also make a guide + pictures.

Rebecca whats the availablity of the item?

Thanks for all your efforts guys and girls :happy:

Tarnac Terror

Haven't been on here for a while, but reading this reminded me that my 05 plate cupra r had this fault diagnosed at the last service. Quick phone call to my local dealer and its booked in this thursday (yep two days time) for the new fans to be fitted. Friendly helpful bunch in Yeovil.:funk:

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
Haven't been on here for a while, but reading this reminded me that my 05 plate cupra r had this fault diagnosed at the last service. Quick phone call to my local dealer and its booked in this thursday (yep two days time) for the new fans to be fitted. Friendly helpful bunch in Yeovil.:funk:

From what i have read the problem may appear again in the future even with a new fan due to the resistor. Hope everything works out for you tho. Even tho my cars covered under warranty from my garage I am gonna get one of these controller as it will hopfully fix the problem long term.

Tarnac Terror

Yep, agreed mukkyman, may happen again but the scottish blood in me says take advantage of the new fans whilst i can :redface:....... and i cant be bothered to take it apart till i have to. Will defintately go the other route though once i'm out of warranty :D

Rebecca

Lets just say if i can do it anyone can do it. So when i get round to it i will also make a guide + pictures.

Rebecca whats the availablity of the item?

Thanks for all your efforts guys and girls :happy:

Thats kind of you to help others out Muttly! [B)]

The units are made to order at present but we (ie hubby :lol:) are working on getting some stock sorted out. They are sent out asap but usually within a couple of days of an order being placed.

Soon we will have a constant stock so we can send them next (or same) day.

Best wishes

Rebecca