loud knocking noise on full lock

cardell

I wonder if anyone can help. I recently bought an Ibiza TDi sport and have noticed that when I put full lock on the steering, especially to the right, there is a loud knocking noise. As soon as take the full lock off, the noise disappears.
I took the car up to a garage that I've used for years and they couldn't find anything wrong. They checked the CV joints and there was nothing amiss.
Thanks

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Damage to CV joints will not be visible unless you remove them and inspect with a very close eye. A worn CV joint will normally show up as a clicking noise on full lock that gets faster as your speed increases.

Normally it's the outer CV joints that go like this as they are the ones that do most of the work.

cardell

Hi Nath

Thanks for getting back. I'm not sure how closely the garage looked but I'll take it back and ask them to have a closer look.

Regards

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
all original bushes need to be replaced. i had mine go into SEAT after just 8 months who told me the bushes and mounts were demolished...they should all be replaced with the newer webbed design mounts

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.