New Formentor owner?

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
I've had my Cupra for 5 months now (it's a Leon but everything that matters is the same) and I love it. As @nicked said, there's no need to even use the capacitive touch controls and I also haven't had the need to. You very quickly get the infotainment set up how you like it and you know how to access everything in an instant (including turning off lane assist a d returning your digital dash to the same display!). I have a 2021 work car (Kia) with physical buttons and I don't find the Cupra any harder to use/live with.

Nov 11, 2023
Hi Guys,

Thakn again for the input, all very insightful.

I've asked the dealer about the software update but they said that it's only available if there's a recall for it and if there is one, it would get done before I pick it up. I'm not hopeful.

I'll definitely get the cupra connect set up while I'm with them though. Is this possible to do on my own in the car or does it require some kind of specific dealer input, what's with the driver licence copy?

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
Hi Guys,

Thakn again for the input, all very insightful.

I've asked the dealer about the software update but they said that it's only available if there's a recall for it and if there is one, it would get done before I pick it up. I'm not hopeful.

I'll definitely get the cupra connect set up while I'm with them though. Is this possible to do on my own in the car or does it require some kind of specific dealer input, what's with the driver licence copy?
I don't think they're being truthful with you regarding the software updates and having to be a recall!

I've had 2 visits to the dealer just to have software updates done at my request, no issues and both time the software was updated FOC as you'd expect.

the_lorne_ranger

Nov 20, 2023
Aberdeen, Scotland
I don't think they're being truthful with you regarding the software updates and having to be a recall!

I've had 2 visits to the dealer just to have software updates done at my request, no issues and both time the software was updated FOC as you'd expect.
Mine started another system up date on it's own today via eSim, 2350mb, hopefully it's the latest!

Nov 11, 2023
Right guys, picked the car up on Tuesday, first 48 hours have been good, software is on 1940 and cupra connect is working great.
I’m sure I’ll have a load of questions but first one is, what’s the best way to hang up a phone call? A bit daft I know but I have the screen set on sat nav and I’ve usually had a phone button on the steering wheel. Is there a quick shortcut to hang up no matter what set up you have on the dash and screen?

Nov 11, 2023
I didn't realise there was a formentor that didn't have the phone button on the steering wheel (?)
maybe I’m missing something really obvious but I can’t see a phone icon on any of the steering wheel buttons. Was wondering if a long press of something else might have the same function.

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
There's no phone button on my steering wheel. There's usually a red hang up button on the main display so it needs eyes off the road and a touch. I usually let the other person hang up 😁

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
There's no phone button on my steering wheel. There's usually a red hang up button on the main display so it needs eyes off the road and a touch. I usually let the other person hang up 😁
That will work if you did not make the call, if they called you and hang up it is disconnected, but if you called them the call is not disconnected when they hang up untill you do.

Oily

May 31, 2022
I’m sure I’ll have a load of questions but first one is, what’s the best way to hang up a phone call? A bit daft I know but I have the screen set on sat nav and I’ve usually had a phone button on the steering wheel. Is there a quick shortcut to hang up no matter what set up you have on the dash and screen?
Glad you asked as I've always wondered exactly the same...

Jul 18, 2019
I have had a VZ2 for 28 months with no issues - save apple car play having a fizz now and again ... i have just upgraded to a new VZN - for me nothing else out there has the styling, equipment levels and uniqueness for the same money ... i looked into Audi RSQ3 and Tiguan R but they left me cold and nowhere near as pleasing on the eye - certainly not on the wallet - there are some glitches on software which ive been lucky to have avoided ( and from what i have heard and seen more so on the EV models ) - most issues disappear into the back of your mind once you hit the cupra button ( or individual if you turn everything to max !)

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
Right guys, picked the car up on Tuesday, first 48 hours have been good, software is on 1940 and cupra connect is working great.
You can press the right hand side scroll wheel on the steering wheel and that will answer/end calls if not figured out already :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise