New Leon Headlights with Daytime Running LEDs

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
Would look 100times better if...

the led's actually shone white and not blue...

and 2... the strip which houses the leds was black so that they didnt stand out like a sore thumb during the day

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
ye, I agree about the blueness of the LEDs and the chromeness of the strip.

although, every "Super Bright White" LED I've seen does look blue, especially on camera. If the headlights were fitted with HIDs then I think they'd look spot on!

I might get some anyway, how much are they??

Bebe

Hello,
Does everyone fitted the led taillights? I'm very curious about the quality.

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Dragging up an old post...

How are people getting on with these? Surely the fact they're LHD causes a few problems, like blinding people and not being able to see as mush yourself?

I really want some though!

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
I must agree they look the business, both front and rear. Grrr, too many things to buy! I would also fit them however the L/RHD is offputting.

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
anyone got a set of the tail lights yet? they would look amazing on my candy white motor!! Are they still all LHD? can the bulbs/LED's in the taillights be switched around to have them the same as RHD?

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
The other thing from my point of view is I have forked out for xenons on mine, effectively for nothing if I were to make the swap?

JayTse

A Natural Petrolhead....
Dec 4, 2008
Runcorn//Barnsley//Newcastle
i had no problems so far.. just an occasional mist up until i sorted that out and its been fine ever since...

after the rear leds myself but just trying to find more info from the supplier is just none existant....

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
i had no problems so far.. just an occasional mist up until i sorted that out and its been fine ever since...

after the rear leds myself but just trying to find more info from the supplier is just none existant....

Keep me posted on this one mate if you can. Think the rear lights would make a vast improvement to the look of the rear! Are they completely illegal with the LHD fitment on a RHD car? personally... i wouldnt be bothered, but i want to stay on the right side of the law.

JayTse

A Natural Petrolhead....
Dec 4, 2008
Runcorn//Barnsley//Newcastle
Keep me posted on this one mate if you can. Think the rear lights would make a vast improvement to the look of the rear! Are they completely illegal with the LHD fitment on a RHD car? personally... i wouldnt be bothered, but i want to stay on the right side of the law.

if your on about the headlights then i would properly say the worse that could happen is the fuzz pulling you up and telling you to change them. but apart from that, its not as glaring as you might think.. i tested this by driving towards my leon and its no where near as glaring as some other cars with HIDs or 4x4 with the xenons.. only downfall tho is that when driving in remote places like the pennies, it does hinder you vision.. alright if i was turning right on bends, but the left bends you got to be more careful of...

as for the rears, this is what im trying to find out if they are simple plug and play and leons having the LED issue...

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
if your on about the headlights then i would properly say the worse that could happen is the fuzz pulling you up and telling you to change them. but apart from that, its not as glaring as you might think.. i tested this by driving towards my leon and its no where near as glaring as some other cars with HIDs or 4x4 with the xenons.. only downfall tho is that when driving in remote places like the pennies, it does hinder you vision.. alright if i was turning right on bends, but the left bends you got to be more careful of...

as for the rears, this is what im trying to find out if they are simple plug and play and leons having the LED issue...

Never thought of the LED issue... thats one to look into indeed. Im not looking the headlights just the rear ones. i was meaning about the foglight and reversing light being the opposite way round... does this matter from a legal point of view? what about MOT?

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
anymore development on this? the taillights in particular... im extremely tempted to order a set and just hope that its a simple enough job to switch the fog and reverse.

jdearden

Access to the light

Is there any way of gaining access into the light pod itself?

Is the chrome strip attached (moulded) into it or is it just glued on? half thinking about buying then removing this if it was possible...i've de chromed my car so deinately not adding any!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.