Radiator fan running on.

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
As the weather has got warmer on my VZN if it has been driven in Cupra mode when switching engine off the fan is running for quite a while, it doesn`t do it in Comfort mode - is it supposed to do that in Cupra mode?
Out of all the performance cars I have had never had a car do that before!

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
I think this is normal for fan to run for a while once engine is switched off.
I have heard in M4 at my work doing something similar, I had jag f pace not a performance car 25t petrol used to do that not always.
I guess what I have found out or read here and there is if you have driven car hard, before switching engine off you should let things settled / cooled down a bit and then switch off engine as it has something to do with turbo and hot oil.
But someone more experienced / technical can give more insight.

Thanks.

Cupra306Form

Sep 24, 2023
When the turbo blows hard it spins at something like 150,000 RPM, as you can imagine this takes a while to stop. Once the engine is off and no oil circulating it's important to keep it cool - and any other component that is very hot within the fan zone, so the fan runs on. Better safe than sorry.

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
Well I appreciate the comments but I was hoping someone else with the same 2 litre engine set up would say "Mine does this as well"

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Mine does it too and without driving in Cupra mode, its normal. I would worry if it would not run.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members