Rumbling from front end

morleymackam

Jul 14, 2007
Noticed a real rumble from the front end of my FR after doing a few nurburgring laps. It stays when I put the clutch in and changes volume according to the road surface I'm on, prompting me to think it must be my tyres.

Replaced them today and it's still the same. Any idea what it could be?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Rumbling noises can be wheel bearings, normally a wheel bearing rumble will get louder with speed and louder with load. so when turning right the left side wheel bearings take more load and vice versa.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
i would have described wheel bearing noise as a whine as oppose to a rumble, like a diff with low oil.

can you differentiate between left or right is is it generally the front end?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
^^^^^I once had a wheel bearing fail and it made my rear view mirror vibrate when I went round a left hand motorway bend. Shocking noise and vibration.

morleymackam

Jul 14, 2007
Can't figure which side it is and turning/braking seems to make no difference. Seems to be entirely due to wheel rotation.

mode

Apr 27, 2007
North Wales
Are you certain the noise is from the front?, If you havent done anything with the back ones it could just be uneven wear (the 50 pence thing) on the rears......

morleymackam

Jul 14, 2007
Deffo front end. I've had the alignment done on the back and the tyres haven't been on long.

Had it in the dealers today for a few bits but they didn't bother looking at the rumbling, which is nice. Still there, reckon it may be a wheel bearing.

glenn04cars

Whine/rumble from front passenger side.

Hello guys im new to this site im hoping someone can help me here,i purchased a leon fr tdi 150 3 weeks ago private.Im getting like a whine from around 20 mph and up,if i make a right turn it disapears then straight or left it continues.Its quite loud and im concered what it could be.Its a 05 and dun only 59k.Could it be the tyres???Ive read forums with people changing tyres etc but im not sure.Help!!!!!!!!!!:censored:

NWhiteley

May 26, 2006
up north
Hello guys im new to this site im hoping someone can help me here,i purchased a leon fr tdi 150 3 weeks ago private.Im getting like a whine from around 20 mph and up,if i make a right turn it disapears then straight or left it continues.Its quite loud and im concered what it could be.Its a 05 and dun only 59k.Could it be the tyres???Ive read forums with people changing tyres etc but im not sure.Help!!!!!!!!!!:censored:

That is more than likely a wheel bearing noise.

glenn04cars

Cheapest place for parts online?

Thanks for the reply.Anyone find a good supplier for cheap parts?Such as wheel bareing etc for my leon.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise