seat arona (year 2020) front passenger seat removal?

Nov 5, 2023
i have to use my car to move large object and im looking to remove the front passanger seat.
can you guys help me do it without making any damages?
please help

Tell

Staff member
I did move the Ateca one once. Had a great plan to change the front brackets only issue is between Tiguan 1 and 2 they changed the seat rail bracket. It was a device to get the front seat further backwards to get more upfront legroom.

Your issue will be the air bag wiring I reckon. If you look underneath you might see cabling going to the seat. If so you are a bit stuck. If you disconnect that after reconnecting you'd have to clear the airbag warning lights. VCDS / Obdeleven.

Nov 5, 2023
I did move the Ateca one once. Had a great plan to change the front brackets only issue is between Tiguan 1 and 2 they changed the seat rail bracket. It was a device to get the front seat further backwards to get more upfront legroom.

Your issue will be the air bag wiring I reckon. If you look underneath you might see cabling going to the seat. If so you are a bit stuck. If you disconnect that after reconnecting you'd have to clear the airbag warning lights. VCDS / Obdeleven.
so i will just need to reset my lights after removal and reinstall ?

Tell

Staff member
so i will just need to reset my lights after removal and reinstall ?

If there is an airbag lead that you have to disconnect then you do a clear faults with a coding device once reconnected. You might totally stop the airbags from going off. It's whatever you find under the seat. The Ateca passenger side did have the accelerator device couple to the seat from memory, so I was pretty careful with the connections. I haven't really studied what's under the Arona passenger seat. It's airbag cabling to look out for.

The technical details of bolts is in the pdf

D4B80763E56-General_body_repairs__interior.pdf

Which you can get by buying an hour's time of Erwin

Details on here

You can download the complete set of workshop manuals for any model.

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
So, in other words, taking a front seat out of a modern car, is a job for experts who have the correct scan tool and the correct technical know how to prevent either an accidental "airbag going off in the face", "airbag controller now needs replacing" etc etc.

On the other hand, if you can live with never ever having a front passenger seat in this car, maybe seek out an airbag and seat sensor emulator if anyone provides them, and get an expert to fit it to the now disconnected connectors below the seat. A really bad idea though, get a van instead.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise