Small Mods

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Right ive got a bit of spare cash left over from long Christmas night shifts so im thinking some more small mods

First thing im looking at is the Forge Rear strut brace, Anyone got one of these for a mk4? do any other companies make them except forge?

Second thing im looking for is some Bonnet Struts ( i think there called that),The arms you can get so the bonnet will stay open without having the stupid manual arm.
Anybody fitted these or know of where to get them?

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
there was a group buy for rear strut braces a while ago CLICK THIS;)
a company called Hughes Engineering made these.
i missed the GB, contacted Hughes direct and at the time they were stacked out with other work and couldn't fit in the manufacture of the parts required.:(
i keep meaning to contact them again as i'd like a rear brace and theres looks more practical with their quick realease system.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
i can't find the correct GB link:(

but i've found a thread with Hughes Engineering contact details CLICK THIS ;)

if you have any luck getting them to manufacture these again, let me know as i'd be interested in a group buy :D

Last edited:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
I wouldn't bother putting gas struts on the bonnet. There's no mounting points for the struts on the bonnet or on the chassis. You could put them on put it'd be a lot of hassle and would look rough afterwards. Try finding some better things to spend your money on. :D Something a bit simpler. Or save your small change for some BIG mods! :thumbup:

Wastegate86

black mk3 cupra
Nov 3, 2008
East Devon
my liltle 106 gti use to have gas bonnet struts which is odd as it had one of the smallest car bonnets iv ever seen
oh well think of the weight your saving ;)
oh and for a cheap mod id suggest metal pressed plates.....make a big difference on looks

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
my liltle 106 gti use to have gas bonnet struts which is odd as it had one of the smallest car bonnets iv ever seen
oh well think of the weight your saving ;)
oh and for a cheap mod id suggest metal pressed plates.....make a big difference on looks

got them aswell lol

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
20mm hubcentric seems to be most common, with an extra set of bolts so u bolt spacer to wheel then wheel to spacer and you can use your locking nut. I've been looking for 15mm but can't find this type, only the ones with the longer bolts.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
hmm do you think 20 mm will push the wheels out further than the arches? coz i basically want them to sit in line with arches not further out

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Yea that's why I want 15mm. I think 20mm do a little bit, loads of ppl seem to like that and looks ok if it's lowered. 20mm isn't much i suppose

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
hmm well mines on coilys and got new euro style wheels for next year so maybe 20mm is way to go.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
kool well ill look at spacers then when i get me ARB fitted lol, had it a week n its still sitting there.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
yeh just finished me nights so it will get done

think a pd160 air intake is going to have to come my way aswell

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
want a neat mod for pocket money? pop down to a Citroen dealer and order a stubby aerial, couple of quid mate, and its the shortest thing you'll ever see. Screws right on, picks up reception ok still, and looks a bit like a little shark fin from a distance, plus looks a bit OEM rather some chavy ebay or halfords crap. I can give you the part number and pics if you want. I think at least one guy's already done this on here...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members