Space Saver Wheel

Tell

Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised that some of the part numbers floating about aren't Skoda Karoq ones. Some of those say Seat on them. The history of the Ateca is it was designed in Spain by Seat then the designs were turned over to the Skoda plant to manufacture. So they turned the body design with the Tiguan platform into the Ateca. A year or so later Skoda came out with it's own Ateca, the Karoq. It shares the same parts in many places. Bet the boot floor for 4Drive is identical. It has a blind rather than a shelf that rises up so different moulding in the side panels. Someone had me looking at that once to convert their Ateca boot into the Karoq with the moving blind.... other than that. Pass on whether you get your umbrella mounts in the door ;) - a Skoda thing.

I'm sure I won't be thanked by saying the Cupra Ateca is really a Cupra Karoq :love:. Skodas have the same duff Mib3 infotainment systems. The issues with the SOS all the same. They do have lifelong map navigation built into Mib2 and Mib3 unlike Seat which kept that one-off. They aren't such handsome cars as the Ateca, Cupra or not. True. Cupra has those high-powered engines. If you don't have a Cupra or Seat dealer handy but a Skoda one handy for common parts like the ice scrapper, touch up paint etc.

KarlW300

Nov 14, 2022
Hi Karl,
The seat ateca and the cupra ateca share the same boot, so fits both. I know as I've sold my ateca and bought a cupra ateca. I will post some part numbers when I pop into m
Hi Andy

I have just checked the parts against my receipt which I posted and yours are the same as my Cupra Ateca Kit.
It is the floor, foam inserts and jack which are different in the 4WD Seat Ateca kit.
Not sure why as you would expect them to be the same but there must be some slight difference hence the kit numbers?
Cupra Ateca kit ZGBBOM235SE.
Seat Ateca 4WD kit ZGBBOM242SE.

Pity you didn't post earlier as I would have had it off you if it was cheaper than £320 which I paid from Caffyns who's customer service was excellent.
Mine was a bargin compared to the first quote of £600 for the identical kit!

Reactions: Tell

AndyB123

Jan 22, 2023
Hi Andy

I have just checked the parts against my receipt which I posted and yours are the same as my Cupra Ateca Kit.
It is the floor, foam inserts and jack which are different in the 4WD Seat Ateca kit.
Not sure why as you would expect them to be the same but there must be some slight difference hence the kit numbers?
Cupra Ateca kit ZGBBOM235SE.
Seat Ateca 4WD kit ZGBBOM242SE.

Pity you didn't post earlier as I would have had it off you if it was cheaper than £320 which I paid from Caffyns who's customer service was excellent.
Mine was a bargin compared to the first quote of £600 for the identical kit!
Hi Karl, everytime I see a skoda 4x4, kodiaq, I always notice they have the same not quite round wheel arches, just like my seat ateca, and my cupra ateca. The tiguan has the round wheel arches, they always make vw slightly better looking imo. I have owned 2 vw golf's so I'm bias. The software always works well though. It's a bit like the vw golf r estate and the skoda version. I guess each brand is priced accordingly, and they all sell. They both look very similar.
Plus a love the haldex system, so I had to have another vw underneath 😉

AndyB123

Jan 22, 2023
20230201_080111.jpg

AndyB123

Jan 22, 2023
I have the carpet, I will take some pics of it

Attachments

• 20230129_173601.jpg
    20230129_173601.jpg
    616.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 20230129_173557.jpg
    20230129_173557.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 80

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
I have just got a Cupra Ateca VZ2 2023 , and originally ordered the adjustable boot floor, but as I only needed the floor raising for the spare wheel,changed my mind and I tried to order the spare wheel, foam surround and new hard floor. I was informed that SEAT/Cupra stopped doing the kit earlier this year. So I ordered the Skoda Karoq one which also states it is good for Ateca 4x4

https://www.caffynscarparts.com/sko...MIi66Sv-ntggMVY0lBAh0VHAc8EAQYAiABEgLLsPD_BwE

Got a few quid off with the Black Friday deal, arrived next day and 10 minute fitting. The only thing I will need to do is to put the original carpet floor ontop
Thanks to all for previous post, who helped me get this sorted

Boot 1.jpg

Boot 1a.jpg

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Still think it is really bad that all CUPRA's don't come with spare wheel as standard, my Leon did and all my previous SEAT Cupra's did too. It is supposed to be a premium car, yet they cheapskate on so much. I would not buy another if the spare was not OE or at least paid for by the dealer.

Reactions: JsyCuPrA

Tell

Staff member
Weight and boot space. Obviously stuffed if its more than a puncture. Those ruptured sidewalls I've had in the past caused a pot holes. Can take a while to develop once weakened. Luxembourg town 300 miles away is when it appeared....

You need a spare wheel and a CR2032 tucked away 😉. Had one tucked away as the car said low remote battery and wouldn't start, lock or do anything in an Aldi car park this morning. Quick change of the remote battery sanity preserved.

Seastormer

Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Weight and boot space. Obviously stuffed if its more than a puncture. Those ruptured sidewalls I've had in the past caused a pot holes. Can take a while to develop once weakened. Luxembourg town 300 miles away is when it appeared....

You need a spare wheel and a CR2032 tucked away 😉. Had one tucked away as the car said low remote battery and wouldn't start, lock or do anything in an Aldi car park this morning. Quick change of the remote battery sanity preserved.
Always have a spare fob battery in my wallet after getting caught out at work a long time back.

Tell

Staff member
Always have a spare fob battery in my wallet after getting caught out at work a long time back.
Until it happen you don't do it. We had two soares on us yesterday. 🤣 One each... oh yes we have a spare. Cold weather had taken the battery below delivering the voltage. It was the Irish trip in the ferry queue when it came up first. Both keys with us but decided it wanted to run with the remote with the flat battery although the other was in the car (may be the key it picked up opening the door then stays with it). After that people said, I always keep a spare on me. Easy enough to tuck away.

You only get about 9 months out of the batteries. Early Atecas didn't give you the low battery warning only VCDS / Obdeleven scanning told you. A software update sometime brought that warning onto the FIS / virtual cockpit.

Reactions: Seastormer

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
some interesting reading, I have a new VZN Ateca, and want the spare wheel, but cant find any listings for 4wd with sound as I have the sub in the boot. I dont mind buying the parts separately, but would anyone have the part details for the spare, foam etc. Dealer wont answer as I a get is that as I have brembo's fitted, there is no part listed. I get that I cant use the spare on the front but I can use on the rear. Just trying to find the part numbers.

Grateful for any help.

Tell

Staff member
I think its what is listed in post 13 link but i'm not familiar with the sub in the boot whether it's Little John's or not. Depends whether it's some beefy thing or has the same dimensions as the Seat Sound System. That one slots into the spare.

You got post 67 above using Skoda parts since Seat / Cupra didn't list them.

It's Beats and Sound for the VZN I see, 9 speaker... 340watt. Not sure how special that is to the other 9 speaker systems using Beats and Sound. The other key to unravelling it.

Again I pass on what you have fitted speaker wise. Let the Cupra Ateca people advise with later models advice. They are all Vag parts that are mixed and matched across bodies. Reckon it probably rotates around what that speaker is. Traditionally they are bolted in the boot and you just shift them into the wheel, but if it's some box you got to work with that.

There is a sister thread on the standard Ateca that complements this one.

Which cross links into post 10 and on here.

I got a suspicion your solution is post 67 ?. @JsyCuPrA did you have a sub and any advice for @M4ppy

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
Thanks Tell, it’s the beats audio, and it’s a sub that fits in the spare wheel, has this in my previous FL C&S, and it came with the spare, so left it in when sold. Now I have a foam piece with the sub inside

IMG_0695.jpeg

Last edited:

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
post 67 looks just like my previous FL C&S but need to find out if the sub will fit

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
I can confirm that the Skoda koraq spare wheel kit, fits the new vzn with the sub. Very happy and some great advice on this site.

CosmicBlue

Enjoying retirement
Nov 25, 2023
Warwick, UK
Great thread.

As per post #67, just ordered a spare wheel kit. Logic being obviously a space-save spare is worth having and also gets all the related kit under the floor too.

Seastormer

Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Until it happen you don't do it. We had two soares on us yesterday. 🤣 One each... oh yes we have a spare. Cold weather had taken the battery below delivering the voltage. It was the Irish trip in the ferry queue when it came up first. Both keys with us but decided it wanted to run with the remote with the flat battery although the other was in the car (may be the key it picked up opening the door then stays with it). After that people said, I always keep a spare on me. Easy enough to tuck away.

You only get about 9 months out of the batteries. Early Atecas didn't give you the low battery warning only VCDS / Obdeleven scanning told you. A software update sometime brought that warning onto the FIS / virtual cockpit.
Just got the warning yesterday and fitted new Panasonic CR2032, which meant the OE one (Panasonic) lasted 21 months, when I used to get 3 to 4 years when I had my Cupra 280. Must be all the extra electronics that kills the battery sooner.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.