Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Looking on the cool mods for skint people thread explains where to fit the catch tank, people have different ideas, will pick what i think would be best and easiest

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Well the poor car has been suffering from boost problems lately, So a kind member from here djhorace ran vag com on my car and i now need the following

New maf (again, 2nd one) N75 unsure whether to get the standard or a J version, Check my lamba connection ( may new lamba further investigation will soon work that out, also a new outside air temp sensor ,

New number plate lights fitted with white leds all in the finer details, new drivers side electric window switches fitted along with some aero wipers that i got as a xmas prezzie.

Also was bored on xmas eve so did the n249 bypass thingy

welcome to the happy world of seat.

Car going into the bodyshop for a polish so may get pics then after it gets a good clean and all shiny again

Will keep up to date on my boost issue, Oh the joys.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Well the poor car has been suffering from boost problems lately, So a kind member from here djhorace ran vag com on my car and i now need the following

New maf (again, 2nd one) N75 unsure whether to get the standard or a J version, Check my lamba connection ( may new lamba further investigation will soon work that out, also a new outside air temp sensor ,

New number plate lights fitted with white leds all in the finer details, new drivers side electric window switches fitted along with some aero wipers that i got as a xmas prezzie.

Also was bored on xmas eve so did the n249 bypass thingy

welcome to the happy world of seat.

Car going into the bodyshop for a polish so may get pics then after it gets a good clean and all shiny again

Will keep up to date on my boost issue, Oh the joys.

The MAF issue never came back after I cleared it Will. Dont think you need another one.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Update

Pidge, my dad and I were on the car the whole of last night, till 3!

Removed the powerboost valve, fitted a 3bar fpr that pidge has kindly given me a lend of N249 and N112 bypass done thanks to pidge's soldering skills. SAI removed and forge blanking plate fitted, and n75 changed as I still had the c version on the car so the updated F went on. All the vac lines replaced and tidyed up and hidden away.

Pidge noticed that my dumpvalve wasn't working, after some investigation the pipe work was on the wrong way on the actuator ports, It still wasn't right so dumpvalve off and taken apart cleaned up all the old grease and refitted and tested for vacuum all was fine. Disconnected the battery for 5mins to reset itself.

Took the car for a run and there was hesitation when the car as under load between 4000rpm and 5000rpm, after a quick search on here it looked like it may be spark plugs and coils,

Coils and sparkplugs taken out to find the spark plugs really sooty cleaned them up and back in they went. 2nd run of the car and the car was backfiring repeatedly at 4000rpm. I know that the car is due a service so oil and sparkplugs will be getting changed soon, and will check to see if any of the coils are weak or just knackered.

I haven’t had the chance to get the car up onto the ramp to have a look at the lambda connection but should be within the next couple of weeks.

Also my secondary water pump is running excessively long after the car has been switched off and need to pull out the 30 amp fuse nearest the wing on top of the battery to switch it off, could this be why that fuse melted before? New secondary water pump needed?

I’m sure pidge will correct me on anything I’m wrong In saying

Pictures to follow of the handy work.

Wilz

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Took the car for a run and there was hesitation when the car as under load between 4000rpm and 5000rpm, after a quick search on here it looked like it may be spark plugs and coils,

Coils and sparkplugs taken out to find the spark plugs really sooty cleaned them up and back in they went. 2nd run of the car and the car was backfiring repeatedly at 4000rpm. I know that the car is due a service so oil and sparkplugs will be getting changed soon, and will check to see if any of the coils are weak or just knackered.

Does sound like a weak coil pack to me mate.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
New pre cat lambda going to be ordered tomorrow as that was one of my faults on vagcom, been advised that a when the lambda gives up it backfires really bad,

Money pit! thats before i start the modding!

Its going in for a polish at the bodyshop next week so hopefully i will get updated pictures then, the roof may need painted again if the dust doesn’t polish out it’s a mystery as to why there’s dust on it.

flappy

Ferociously Rapid
Mar 28, 2007
Update
Also my secondary water pump is running excessively long after the car has been switched off and need to pull out the 30 amp fuse nearest the wing on top of the battery to switch it off, could this be why that fuse melted before? New secondary water pump needed?
Wilz

How long is the pump running for?

I look forward to seeing the finished paint job, the dust isn't sounding good though wasn't it done in an extracted bay/room?

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Sorry its the "Coolant Run On Pump" i have been corrected. Well from starting from cold basically to see if it was running ok to switching it off so its not as though it was getting booted up it was still running after 20min.

No no the paint job was done in a waterbased booth where the air circulates round the car to dry the paint must have been some dust in the cone like filter things that the air comes from. Only part where there is dust it should polish out, to be honest everyone thinks it has been polished and its not, just that im fussy the roof has like a few tiny spots of dust.

The painter said that its impossible t eliminate all dust but it should polish out, you nee to be under a strong light to see it.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Photgraphs of the car coming home on the trailor -

PC160050.jpg

PC160053.jpg

Poor pug struggling to take all that weight, sure is low though:lol:
PC160052.jpg

The final results of the respray, what a horrible day to take pictures only decent day we have had up here. Bye bye faded yellow and lacquer peel.

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

I have fitted my rear strutbrace from Roly and have wishbones with powerflex bushes waiting to be fitted, from Martin M

Going to turn my hand to the engine bay now that all the gremlins are gone and pulling well.

Pictures to follow.

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Looking very nice bud, make sure you get loads and loads of a good wax on there before you start to drive it and have a good washing schedule on the go and theres no reason why she won't look this good for years to come. If you need any advise about the above give me a shout, Allen has my number.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Looking very nice bud, make sure you get loads and loads of a good wax on there before you start to drive it and have a good washing schedule on the go and theres no reason why she won't look this good for years to come. If you need any advise about the above give me a shout, Allen has my number.

Junior the car isn't on the road till march so its hidden away in a garage all the time, All its had done so far is the three step meguiars stuff with the wax cleaner, deep crystal polish and carbanara(sp) wax. Took the rotary to the windows and lights.

Still needs a good few coats still, hopefully a coat every weekend, might just get your number from Allen if your the man with the washing and maintaining car knowlege. Still need to get some wax on my wheels any recommendations? Poor boys?

Hopefully get to some meets in March, don't think the pug would have been a good start to the meets.

That looks really tidy now mate just hope its kept in that
condition.:p

Will do have always kept my cars clean apart from the winter hack pug but even then it gets cleaned at least every 2nd week, for being a winter horse it looks ok.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Cheers guys been alot of hard work to get it where it is right now, was woprth every penny for the respray thats for sure.

Never knew it would be to your taste jenk, Roly the strutbrace fits like a glove b*tch to fit though.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Junior the car isn't on the road till march so its hidden away in a garage all the time, All its had done so far is the three step meguiars stuff with the wax cleaner, deep crystal polish and carbanara(sp) wax. Took the rotary to the windows and lights.

Still needs a good few coats still, hopefully a coat every weekend, might just get your number from Allen if your the man with the washing and maintaining car knowlege. Still need to get some wax on my wheels any recommendations? Poor boys?

Hopefully get to some meets in March, don't think the pug would have been a good start to the meets.

Will do have always kept my cars clean apart from the winter hack pug but even then it gets cleaned at least every 2nd week, for being a winter horse it looks ok.
Poor boys is what I have for my wheels but never used it due to them being as scabby as a ferrule cat, but that is what I would recommend.

Carnuba wax is as good as it gets but there are differing qualities of it. I can point you in the direction of a local company that is pretty much the best in Scotland for Detailing. You could get a very very good wax for about £40, a few layers of that will last for months but as you seem to know the more wax the better.

Can you drive a rotary?

Feel free to ask for my number from Allen

Willie

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members