Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Jees dude thats going to be one stiff car.
Hope your fillings are strong, lol
There is a LCR lower front strutt brace, Josh (ibiza 125) has fitted one to his MK3. There is a strutt brace for the rear aswell, this is able to be disconnected very easily and is made by some dude with links to this forum.
I'd watch with doing all this at once as you might end up with a car that is too stiff and you might not like it.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
What fillings?

Might just pm him about the lcr brace then, will do a search for the rear lower tonight.

I know was thinking that, thats why i might just do the rear antiroll bar to start with and then the braces, depending on how stiff it is a might then get a front antiroll bar.

But i have the bushes and wishbones laready so that will def. be fitted.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
There isn't a rear lower strutt brace, its a rear upper strutt brace.
You will find the thread in the Group buy section
You'd benifit by doing the front ARB now since the wish bones are off, or about to be put on. Then you can get the 4 wheel geometry done.
Have you thought about getting your coilover set up by a pro (not a prossie;))
When I fit coilovers I'm going to get the car corner weighted, this is the only true way to set up the handling with coilovers to the get best results.

OliMonty

Mk 3 Ibiza Cupra
Mar 13, 2007
Looks gorgeous mate, I have a yellow ibiza cupra R with kw variant 1's also...get the back raised a bit, id say the front looks fine. Your paintwork doesn't look bad from the pics but it never does until you see it the flesh.

Paint fade and lacquer peel is a complete bitch with that color though, I only know too well. You getting the full respray in the same yellow or going a bit brighter!?....Id be tempted to go a bit more lairy if I was paying full whack for a complete respray...but im an idiot

Lovely car though mate,

PS - im gonna get my standard oz wheels powder coated white, be a bit different...

OliMonty

Mk 3 Ibiza Cupra
Mar 13, 2007
*note to self - read thread to the end*

Nice respray mate, looks awesome.....where did you get the oz wheel decals made up? expensive?

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
There isn't a rear lower strutt brace, its a rear upper strutt brace.
You will find the thread in the Group buy section
You'd benifit by doing the front ARB now since the wish bones are off, or about to be put on. Then you can get the 4 wheel geometry done.
Have you thought about getting your coilover set up by a pro (not a prossie;))
When I fit coilovers I'm going to get the car corner weighted, this is the only true way to set up the handling with coilovers to the get best results.

Already fitted my rear upper brace dude,

Will be getting the cars tracking and camber done thats about as far as my knowlege goes,

Like the sound of this corner weighing might have alook into that.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Yup corner weighting gets the best out of coilovers as it set the car to the optimum % weight split, the MK4 Golf GTI's split was 56% front and 44% rear (For one of the members on here with a 30mm drop and his car had better handling than his dads Porsche Boxster).
To get the best out of this all the bushes need to be new, like your doing, allow these to settle. Fit coilovers and allow to settle then get these set up, weight balanced then geometry set up.
I think theres a guy in Banchory that does it. There used to be a guy in Inverurie that did it but hes doesn't have a business any more.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Leave the Cupra R badge off Will. It will throw some people off the scent, and in other circumstances, will put other peoples noses out of joint ;)

Oh and as Baz will tell you, all a badge does is give away whats under the bonnet and it weighs the car down in the process.....

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Allen your some boy and a good way of putting it,

Jist got the new stickers in the badge aswell and geled up dam.

Hopefully i can put other peoples noses out of joint sick of the fiesta st up here.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Junior jusy mentioned the corner weighting to my father and he seems to know what its all about and it was on the plan anyway,
So a guy in banchory does it will need to enquire about prices.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Allen your some boy and a good way of putting it,

Jist got the new stickers in the badge aswell and geled up dam.

Hopefully i can put other peoples noses out of joint sick of the fiesta st up here.

Which one? The one with the wide arch kit thats not actually an ST?

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Thats a focus and my pug 306 is quicker than that thing,

i mean the fiesta st's 106 gtis and the like,

maybe play with the bigger cars later on.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Thats a focus and my pug 306 is quicker than that thing,

i mean the fiesta st's 106 gtis and the like,

maybe play with the bigger cars later on.

Nah min, the blue ST with the wide arch kit is a Fiesta, owned by the lad whose dad owns Murray Motors. Number is M***URE. Its only a 1.4 as far as I know, or possibly a 1.6. but defo nae a 2.0.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Junior jusy mentioned the corner weighting to my father and he seems to know what its all about and it was on the plan anyway,
So a guy in banchory does it will need to enquire about prices.
I still have to find out myself who does it TBH.

Clarke from PB says his cousin does it, I plan to speak to him soon anyway so will ask for some details for his cousin if you want.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Ah the murray motors boy, a that is a 1.4 just passed his test. I want to play with the bigger cars,

If you can Junior be really helpful, see whats involved and prices etc.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Never ever ever ever, sanding and polishing the inlet manifold on a car again,

My poor hands are in bits (I’m still not finished) hopefully be finished tomorrow and will get pictures then, just thought i would share my pain. Yuikt

Respect to those that polish the inlet manifold, charge pipe and rocker cover. I have done the charge pipe, middle of doing the inlet manifold and after my experience with tho's think I’m going to paint or get the rocker cover powder coated. Which colour would be best?

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
After a few days sanding and polishing i now have a respectable picture of the manifold to show, not one really came out good due to the lighting in the garage:( so I have picked one of the best,

A picture showing before the hard work

PC240079.jpg

120, 300, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1500 grit paper, various sanding wheels/ stones for the ports, cutting compound, a load of autosol, polishing wheels, pc, meguiars polish, wax and hours of work gives this result - The picture does not do it justice. :redface:

P2220001.jpg

Waiting on a friend to acquire some more stainless steel hex bolts can’t put a shiny manifold on with horrible looking ones.

More hours of work could go into this but i'm not going for show and shine winner, I ended up sick seeing it. If going for show and shine, unless you have a lot of time on your hands pay someone to do it would be my advice

Charge pipe is next on the list to polish.:help:

Picture of the cupra badge re vinyld and gel'd up. Sorry Allen it’s going on -

P2220007.jpg

Thanks for looking

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.