Cheap HID's

tedvagas

Nov 5, 2006
cleveland
they look the same as mine which i got from china i think i paid £90 delivered
took a month to come, but there great,, as standard i think leons are pretty bad
i ordered 6000k but they sent me 4300k by mistake but i put them in without checking first ,:doh: but im happy !!
i think 4300k are the brightest?

Last edited:

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
4300k are the closest to halogens (ie yellower). 6000k are a very bright white with just a tiny tinge of blue. Anything higher is blue verging on purple and a very large chunk of rozzer bait.

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
Any one heard of HID Lighting, they were atthe autosport show and had bi-xenons for £125, would be good for the Elise. just a bit concerned that they may only last a cople of weeks or something.

I was just wondering if any one had tried them and can confirm they were ecent spec/quality

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Dont your customs take a nice piece of the cake ?

Or do you get it at that final price ?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
They're here :D

Kit arrived today safe and sound, so all in all they took about 10 days from ordering to arrive. No customs charge either, thanks to the $19.88 declared value ;)

I have to say I'm very, very impressed so far. They were nicely packaged, the box is nicely made and well presented and the quality of the components look superb! The ballasts are solid and not too big, all cabling is nicely protected and covered in rubber surrounds, there is a lovely rubber grommet on the bulb wiring for when you have to feed them through the headlight covers (that inspired a lot of confidence!), the ballasts have lovely, solid metal brackets to aid mounting them to the car all clips are nice and solid and everything has a nice quality feel to it :)

I've taken some pics for those who may be interested or who want to compare them to their own kits, so here you go....

HID01.jpg

HID02.jpg

HID03.jpg

HID04.jpg

HID05.jpg

HID06.jpg

HID07.jpg

Unfortunately I wont be able to fit them until I get my car back from the bodyshop, but rest assured the day it's back they are getting fitted and more pics will be taken!

Any questions, just shout

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
Hi Rob.

The wiring, connectors and grommets are the same as mine.
For what it's worth I cut a 22mm hole.
Fitting the grommet is bloody awkward but the seal is damned good! :)

Hope the install goes OK. :yes:
Guy.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Cheers for the advice :yes: I'll try to remember to take pictures as I'm going along so others wishing to do this have a Leon specific guide to follow :)

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
Cheers for the advice :yes: I'll try to remember to take pictures as I'm going along so others wishing to do this have a Leon specific guide to follow :)

Don't know what the Leon engine bay is like.
But I'll bet good money you spend the biggest part of your time working out where to put the ballasts! :( :D
BTW. Woolworths sell heavy duty waterproof Velcro. About 2 quid.
I used it to fix my ballasts.

Guy.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
what was shipping price rob?
my bi-xenon kit works out at £80.77:coolthumb
which is cheaper than almost all i have seen(mostly on e-bay)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Looks like the price has gone up abit. Picked pounds and its coming in at 52 dollars plus 18 quid postage.

Kit looks a good un tho. :D

Last edited:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Where were these from, how easy to fit and howdo they work?

link is in the first post matey.scroll down and pick which bulb fitment you need
*drop down box has H4 and H4 bi-xenon.my octavia has 1 H4 bulb for dip and high beam so i have to add $50,this is for a sheiled bulb that moves when you swap from dip to main,from what i have read you can get away with just H4 but come MOT time you need a high beam to pass mot,so to save swapping about a bi-exnon is what you should buy.
*jasons normal disclaimer of not knowing exactly wtf he is talking about applies*

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Still no pics Rob?? Car not back from the body shop?

No [:@]

Got a call today to say it's not going to be ready until Monday at the earliest now. In a way I'm not that annoyed, as I'd rather they did a good job and take as long as they need. But I want the damn car back and I want to fit these lights! :censored:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise