new Leon changes

INSIDER

DYSLEXICS UNTIE!
Oct 17, 2006
i was just quoting Seats own bulletin in there words there will be cars left over after each dealer has got theirs in time for the1st of march

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
i was just quoting Seats own bulletin in there words there will be cars left over after each dealer has got theirs in time for the1st of march

Ok it makes sense now. My dealer had already told me that pretty much, I'd just got confused (easily done).

There should be left over cars as you say, but they will be basic spec (no options) and will be allocated to UK orders that match the colours. The dealer demo colour choices were limited basic spec with Red, Yellow or black.

Scott

badtastebear

Jan 29, 2007
Berkshire
Is there build restrictions on the White?? Ordered yellow last friday told not due for build till april..Is it too late to change order???

alffi

Jan 8, 2007
Did just e-mail my dealer. I want to change Inferni Black to Candy White. My Cupra goes in to production on week five, so this change should be ok. MAN! Candy White is THE color. :-o

Aah Crap! My dealer replyed to me that my Cupra production date is set and can not be changed. Inferno black it is, and I should get it on week 12. I can live with that :whistle:

INSIDER

DYSLEXICS UNTIE!
Oct 17, 2006
as far as i am aware there is build restriction on white and as long as the factory have not confirmed the order you should be able to change bear in mind it can take up to 5 weeks for the factory to confirm the build order so pester your dealer

alffi

Jan 8, 2007
as far as i am aware there is build restriction on white and as long as the factory have not confirmed the order you should be able to change bear in mind it can take up to 5 weeks for the factory to confirm the build order so pester your dealer

My dealer here in Finland told me that last week there was a change. Before they could order Candy White Cupras only 30 at once. That was a bit too much over here. But now after the change they can order one at the time. I think this is because Candy White is more popular that Seat did originally think.

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
It looks like I'm the only person who isn't crazy about Candy White on the Leon. I think metallics suit the car better as they show off the sculpting of the panels. With white paint you lose the highlights and shadows so all white cars end up looking like blobs. IMHO.

On the plus side I had a couple of white Golfs in the 80s and they were very easy to look after as they never looked really dirty but never looked particularly shiny after hours of cleaning.

The Candy White Leon does seem to be very popular though.:)

badtastebear

Jan 29, 2007
Berkshire
Just rang my dealer who said yes the Tom Tom feature can be added to our cupra order for £25.00..Job done!!!!!

Just got to make a decision on yellow or white.........

slimtater

Feb 15, 2004
Visit site
Now getting slightly confused. Got a quote for a red Cupra with options and The Deal Negotiator quoted 12 weeks for delivery if I ordered now. Yet the indications from SCN are that it could be June and July. I think that SEAT could potentially be making a b*lls up here - if it is available in Europe in January yet the UK (which was a big Cupra market) has to wait a long time, customers will go elsewhere.
I have been planning a car replacement for the last 12 months - to coincide with my LCR reaching three years old. This was the first time I intended to be brand loyal. Can't say I am impressed with SEAT - delays for delays sake - what reason can they give? Its not as though they have cornered the market. Even the suggested last minute changes in response to customer comment turned out to be bullsh*t.
:censored:

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
Have SEAT released any press photos of the candy white?

Im looking for high res photos or better quality than the ones already on this thread.

Any suggestions where else to look?

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Slim, I know what you saying - the Leon is on my list but I am not sure I want to wait until middle of the year before changing ...

Dec, then Feb, then March, now May/June ... will be out of date before it gets released!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.