spacing wheels

Cotton

Jul 23, 2007
Rotherham
hello all

im thinking about spacing the wheels on my ibiza mk 4 1.2, i am thinking of going about 16mm each side, has any body spaced theres, and how much buy, and whats it look like

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
hello all

im thinking about spacing the wheels on my ibiza mk 4 1.2, i am thinking of going about 16mm each side, has any body spaced theres, and how much buy, and whats it look like

I wouldn't touch the fronts at all.
Adding front spacers means you will probably change the steering geometry.
This could mean increased tyre wear, vibration and/or handling issues but I stand to be corrected on this.

I put 20mm hubcentrics on the back of mine so that the wheels and tyres are flush with the body work.
They look better and the back end just feels less skittish.

The spacers I bought bolt to the hubs and then the wheels bolt to the spacers so no need to buy extra long bolts.

Works for me! :)

Regards Guy.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
front spacers can be bad news dont boter but for the rears ive got 20mm hubcentric spacers with the safer longer bolts ;) cheapish and handles so much better but if the car is owered allso makes the car look wider and the wheels look less lost in the arches!!

Cotton

Jul 23, 2007
Rotherham
the car has been lowerd 40 mm too, but i am thinking of lowering it another 20mm, so you all say 20mm hubcentrics then, i was thinking bout geting fks,

next question thn is where abouts to get the hubcentric ones from, and how much have you all lowerd your car by

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
ive got coilovers on mine and have lowered the front by about 70mm and the rear about 80mm :D

i got my hubcentric spacers from here VVV

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-VW-alloy...yZ122154QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

they also sell the longer wheel bolts you need for £1.50 each and the choice of longer locking 1's but bit more pricey! i just went for the non locking as the bolts have caps anyway :)

makes a big diffrence this mod i was so happy with the transformation i was SHOCKED :-o

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
I have the FK 20mm ones, no longer bolts, separate sapcer bolts to hub then wheel bolts to spacer, about £60

dcmini

i was think about deep dish alloys i've not seen them on a ibiza or if it possiable
to do would this effect handling

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
that link that has been given above for the hubcentric ones, it does not mention the ibiza, will these fit it or not?

As far as I know 5x100 is a "bog standard" size over the whole VAG range.
So if they fit this lot they will fit an Ibiza.

Audi - A2, A3, TT
Seat - Leon, Toledo
VW - Golf 4, Bora, All VR6, Vento, New Beetle, Golf 3 (165)

(From Ad Lav) VW Polo

I stand to be corrected on this.

Regards Guy.

Last edited: