spacing wheels

cuprakel

Feb 10, 2006
Lanarkshire
its been recommended that i get rear spacers coz my cars gettin slammed in a few weeks time. 20mm makes the wheel look as if it sticks quite far out though (might just be the view of the picture) anyone got pics of say 15mm spacing.

also, are there an legal / mot / insurance issues with wheel spacing?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
no unless tread is showingon the outside of arch then perfectly legal! 20mm is not too much trust me does it very nicely on my cupra!

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
they wont be obvious that there is spacers, only trained eyes will be the only people who would know that they have spacers on are the other ibiza drivers that have spaced or they want to use spacers on there ibiza... mine have 5mm spacers on and that helped handleing but i want te looks to so im buying these 20mm ones :)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
cuprakel ul defo need these when youve dropped your motor as the wheelslook lost in the arches also handles SOOOOOO much better with rear spacers! i got mine brand new on ebay 0mm hubcentric spacers for £80 with longer bolts :) BARGAIN IMO

cuprakel

Feb 10, 2006
Lanarkshire
i think im resigned to gettin them, might wait until its lowered tho. i'll see what jamiepaton's 15mm look like if he posts pics coz im not wantin them to stick out too dramatically, so think 15mm would be ok

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
i'm selling them because i'm swapping back to standard alloys, so i won't need spacers on the front to clear the brembo's. at the mo i've got 10mm on the front and 15mm on the rear. with standard alloys on i'll just put the 10mm on the rear and nowt on the front. the money i get for the spacers i'll use for covering the cost of the courier for the wheel swap. absolutely nothing wrong with my spacers mate, in fact they are a bit of a bargain. they're on my leon so i dont know if you will get a good comparison but i'll post up before and after pics for you anyway. if you sweet talk me on the phone i might even give you the longer wheel nuts AND the two longer locking nuts that i won't need anymore for FREE. cant say fairer than that mate. pm me and i'll speak to you on the phone.

CopyofDSC00096.jpg

CopyofPicture064.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
i want to go back to standard then lower it on coilovers, sometimes you just feel that you've made the wrong choice, granted not usually 750 quid worth of wrong choice, but as i said to my wife ( who was well pleased, not )have you never bought an ornament for the house then decided two weeks later that you like something else. i'm going to swap for standard then have them redone in silver. (which was exactly the colour my own set were) wasted time and money these last few weeks. :doh: :cry: :redface: ps, i'm not usually keen on the mk4 ibiza but yours is a belter mate.

cuprakel

Feb 10, 2006
Lanarkshire
i'm selling them because i'm swapping back to standard alloys, so i won't need spacers on the front to clear the brembo's. at the mo i've got 10mm on the front and 15mm on the rear. with standard alloys on i'll just put the 10mm on the rear and nowt on the front. the money i get for the spacers i'll use for covering the cost of the courier for the wheel swap. absolutely nothing wrong with my spacers mate, in fact they are a bit of a bargain. they're on my leon so i dont know if you will get a good comparison but i'll post up before and after pics for you anyway. if you sweet talk me on the phone i might even give you the longer wheel nuts AND the two longer locking nuts that i won't need anymore for FREE. cant say fairer than that mate. pm me and i'll speak to you on the phone.

not beig cheeky mate, it does sound like a fair deal, but im not sure about the 'sweet talking' on the phone??? :blink:

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
don't worry mate, i'm happily married. well as happy as you can be when your married. drop me a pm if your interested and i'll give you my phone number. i'm only in fife so you could come through and check them out in person and that way you can't get ripped off. ps BEING has an N in it. not being cheeky like.:lol: