Who's been up against a Civic Type R?

Bonzy1800

Back in a SEAT
Sep 16, 2005
jersey
the stigg on top gear did a lap 1 second quicker in a ctr so there faster on a track......................... thee END ;)

sorry but it was actually 0.1 of a second faster in the CTR than the LCR (saw a repeat yesterday).0.1 of a second which was very conveniant (sp)!!!!
knowing top gear is set up and dont like SEAT's its funny how it was 0.1 of a second behind the CTR but didn't even get a metion
would not of looked good if it was equal par or quicker!!!!
did they adjust the LCR's time your guess is as good as mine

Mar 5, 2007
Lambo. Hah, of course.

I looked at them and thought they were Focus ST rims... :)

They look ace though!

browner01

Mikey B
Oct 4, 2007
ano it all comes down to money:(

it looks sweet on the photoshop, jus need to wait an see if it will on the car:shrug:

the cars booked into pipe works for next wed for a cat back :D, i will post some pics up when its done:funk:

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Nice vid mate.. What times did you both get.. That CTR sounds the nuts...;)

I havent measured the times yet, but it was filmed at the stadium where they often have an event. Next time ill try and get the 1/4 Mile times.

This CTR is really a mean ride... You can see some vids of it chomping many cars on YOUTUBE. Search : "CTR VL"

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Has anyone raced an Accord Type R?

I know it'll wipe the standard LC Diesel as it does have a reasonable amount of torque - about 220ish NM at nearly 7k revs. I can't see it going anywhere with a mapped LCR though - standard might be good for it.

The Accord is a couple of hundred kg heavier than the CTR which would go against it. CTR's don't tend to bother with it - do they know something I don't?:confused:

The Accord is a nice car to drive though - just a bit boring to look at/image.

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
No they ain't slow, think you might want to change the words, on paper the are faster to 60 than both LCR and LC, and any Derv, they arent slow they just struggle a bit with the LCR and i think they would be a good match to a LC!

Make sure you race one thats really trying! Take it the Starlet ain't standard then?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
No they ain't slow, think you might want to change the words, on paper the are faster to 60 than both LCR and LC, and any Derv, they arent slow they just struggle a bit with the LCR and i think they would be a good match to a LC!

Make sure you race one thats really trying! Take it the Starlet ain't standard then?

Its down to power to weight, the starlet is running approx 144bhp (decat and panel filter) weight at 880kg. but i think after 100mph the actr should catch up due to top end. I had only gapped one up to 80mph in my leon

POWELLY

Dodger
Apr 25, 2007
Halifax
I did the Nurburgring in October, 5 cars went , my brother har a civic type r on an 05 plate, totally standard apart from a K&N, my Leon has all the bits and bob's as below .

Around were we live and on everyday driving its good night Civic my car is much the faster of the 2, put the civic behind me on the ring and trust me, its a diffrent story, he was welded to my bumper from start to finish the Civic was awesome on the track, as much as it pains me to say it prob better than my LCR.:cry: