Water leak from engine bay - Not aircon

Mar 5, 2007
Hey guys,

I just moved my car to let someone out at work, so the car was literally on for all of 30 seconds, and noticed when I got out, a trail of liquid I'm assuming to be water (no smell or texture) left by my car.

I haven't been using the aircon at all, and the car has been sitting around all day.

Any ideas as to what this might be. It's too dark to check anything at the moment, so I thought I'd check on here for suggestions.

Could it be the radiator?

I don't know if it makes a difference, but judging by the amount of water, it obviously wasn't leaking until I turned the engine on.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
As long as the raditor is not leaking and the colling is not loosing water. Dont worry, just some excess watter stuck some were and spilled when you moved

Mar 5, 2007
I'm hoping so. ANOTHER problem is really now what I want right now. Especially as I've just ordered 4 Eagle F1 Asymmetrics for Saturday!

Would a rad leak be constant, or just when running?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
I'm hoping so. ANOTHER problem is really now what I want right now. Especially as I've just ordered 4 Eagle F1 Asymmetrics for Saturday!

Would a rad leak be constant, or just when running?

Depeneds on the leak it self. the bigger the crack the more the leak.
try removing the whole under lay 4abit then, then keep it started, it helps show what part is leaking.

Or take it to garage, they pressure rise it and that should show the area.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members