Forum maintenance upgrade - 02/09/08

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
mostly it's me doing products / plugins & skin modifications
Martyn to do the database related activities (such as installing the new version)
Zboyd to do the image changes / sanity checks on the settings.

all working together, but separately (but just doing what we're happiest doing)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
As m0rk says, team effort really. Always has been like that.

We all chip in as and when we can, we all have to fit it in around our professional and personal lives.

Must add that all the other admins and moderators are very much appreciated too and part of the overall team effort. It means we have more of our free time to get on with stuff like this, without worrying too much about who moderates the forum in the meantime.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Hi traumapat, Welcome to the new look SCN - let us know what you think!
We've kinda broken it a bit - but don't worry - we'll fix it soon

:clap::clap::clap:

brilliant:D

i love this site:lol:

Mat

one other thing (probably something you're working on, maybe a plugin or something)

Just had a thread moved, and normally we get an automated PM informing us of this. Not this time.

Mat

I understand it's not standard. But didn't you have something installed before where, when you deleted a post/topic or moved a topic, a notification was sent.

Was wondering if that was coming back.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Mat, you have to understand...

YES, we had many third party plugins
YES, we intend to find some that serve the same purpose
HOWEVER, we've upgraded the software significantly, and as a result ALL the plugin's need to be resourced, tested before installation & configuration.

Now I don't know how you're fixed, but I work about 45hrs a week, and do have a wife, and social life. SCN doesn't pay the rent or put food on the table as it is a hobby. I doubt you do your hobby 24/7

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Mat, you have to understand...

YES, we had many third party plugins
YES, we intend to find some that serve the same purpose
HOWEVER, we've upgraded the software significantly, and as a result ALL the plugin's need to be resourced, tested before installation & configuration.

Now I don't know how you're fixed, but I work about 45hrs a week, and do have a wife, and social life. SCN doesn't pay the rent or put food on the table as it is a hobby. I doubt you do your hobby 24/7

So the answer is yes, you have plans for it to come back in time ...

Rather than - no we thought it was **** so its not coming back.

:)

Mat

Sorry, I wasn't having a dig or anything. I understand it takes time etc.

Sorry if came across in the wrong way

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
nice work peeps.

Any chance of tweaking the style sheet slightly? the black/grey bars imo make the forum section index quite hard on the eyes, not sure if its just me. The previous skin had a really clean feel to it as iirc the seperators were quite a light colour.

I'm sure its something we all need to adjust to but I was just curious as to whether the choice was final.

All in all its still lush, everyones still here so i'm still horny for some seat loving... BRING IT ON

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.