Spring Clean

ttothec

Apr 20, 2006
Reading
First weekend that I have been free and the weather OK, so thought I'd give my car a once over.
DSCN3458.jpg

DSCN3459.jpg

DSCN3460.jpg

DSCN3461.jpg

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
ooop, missed a spot in the arch on the second pic! lol. only kidding, looks very tidy! Did you polish it or just wash it?

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
So what products did you use? Shame the lighting's not that great as I'm sure the pics don't do it justice...??!

ttothec

Apr 20, 2006
Reading
It does look a lot better in the flesh! :)

Products used:

Wash: Some random "wash and wax" stuff I got for free at a car show years ago... still going strong :)

Clay: 3M Clay bar and a mixture of about 1:4 ratio "wash and wax" stuff above and water in a spray bottle thing (like all the detailing sprays come in).

Polish: Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze on a Meguiars Finishing Pad (using Meguiars G220 D/A Polishing Machine)

Final Coat: 3M Polish Rosa on a 3M Perfect-It III High Gloss Polishing Pad (again using the G220) - this stuff is AMAZING!! Cant recommend Polish Rosa enough!! You can use it by hand and get really good results too.

ttothec

Apr 20, 2006
Reading
Nice work mate. You find the G220 easy to get along with?

Yeh I thought the G220 was really easy to work with! I've never used a polishing machine before, but have been doing plenty of research recently prior to purchasing. Found some good guides to their use etc.

Makes polishing WAY easier!

cuprachrissy

Nice looking car there mate. guess ill have to go give mine a clean some time soon!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.