after snow detail

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
havent gave my car a full detail since mid show season last year so thought as it was a half decent day today and after the crappy weather we have just had it was time to treat the paint ... didnt actually get a chance to finish , didnt get to put a coat of srp ( super resin polish ) and 2 coats of DODO juice blue velvet so will will be finishing up tomorrow hopefully and will update with some pics fingers crossed

heres what i got up to today anyways

car started off looking very sorry for itself :.:
P1020521.jpg

P1020522.jpg

P1020523.jpg

P1020525.jpg

P1020526.jpg

first of all i got the sand paper out and started working on my wheels as the dish's started to go corroded due to the salt on the roads and gave the wheels a good wash and rinse
P1020527.jpg

i then gave the car a good rinse down with the jetwash to get rid of most of the dirt,grit,soot and salt .. once finished i went at the car with DODO juice supernatural clay to clense and prep the paint :.:
P1020528.jpg

once the car fully bared i rinsed it off again with the jetwash and gave the bodywork a shampoo with DODO juice born to be mild , allowed it to soak in for 10mins then rinsed it off again with the jetwash
once dried, this is what it looked like :.:
P1020529.jpg

P1020530.jpg

P1020532.jpg

tomorrow i will be doing the following:
adding a layer of srp for protection
adding 2 layers of DODO juice blue velvet
spraying the car down with DODO juice red mist tropical then sealing it with DODO juice supernatural wax ontop for that extra wet look

will get some more pics up when its fully done

hope you like

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Looks great.

Tip: don't spray red mist on after the wax as it containts solvents. Wait at least 24 hours before applying red mist.

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
Looks great.

Tip: don't spray red mist on after the wax as it containts solvents. Wait at least 24 hours before applying red mist.

niceone thanks dude lucky you said haha , am i right in saying that if i apply the supernatural ontop it will seal it ?

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
what does red mist do?

it is a quick detailer so basically brings the paint back to sparkling once the wax has been applied

gezmeister - thanks mate , wheels are very marmite BUT they are only winters thats y they are a funky colour , going in for a refurb in feb but not too sure on what colour to do them im thinking cream with polished dish's but who knows

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
niceone thanks dude lucky you said haha , am i right in saying that if i apply the supernatural ontop it will seal it ?

Yea you can applying supernatural on top of red mist but again 24 hours later. What your better of doing is applying supernatural today then wait until next wash then apply red mist. I would say your putting one to many coats of wax.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.