remaps and rolling road

dukeandace

has anyone had a remap from streetwise automotive in bristol.
whats the benifits from a rolling road when having a remap done cause this place does n't have one and charges £500 for a stage 2 remap.
what do you guys think of this

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I thought a stage 2 remap was specific to your car and the mods, and had to be done with a rolling road in order to get the best out of it? A stage 1 can be done without a RR because it's just a generic remap.

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
I've heard good things about Mitch at Streetwise, they're Revo dealers so that sounds about right for stage 2. Have you got the necessary mods for this? Don't know what 20V engines need for stage 2, but 2.0tfsi needs about £2000 spending to get the benefit!

dukeandace

i have a seat leon cupra r 2002 ive got a forge inclosed induction kit ,forge re-dump value
and a full blue flame exhaust system and just waiting for me fmic from forge, and uprated engine mounts and dogbone mount, also read that i need a 4 bar fuel pressure regulator so would i need a uprated fuel pump as well or is this not need for a stage 2.

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
I thought a stage 2 remap was specific to your car and the mods, and had to be done with a rolling road in order to get the best out of it? A stage 1 can be done without a RR because it's just a generic remap.

I had a remap, they didn't use the RR to do the remap they used a laptop and took the car for a spin, this is a custom map not a generic map but still a stage 1 i think, or am i wrong?

Last edited:

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
also read that i need a 4 bar fuel pressure regulator so would i need a uprated fuel pump as well or is this not need for a stage 2.

LCRs already have a 4bar fpr. Standard fuel pump is also fine for stage 2 (only needed for big turbo I think).

Also, my LCR has a tweaked stage 1 and will be stage 2 next week. It gets tuned on the road using a laptop rather than on rollers.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members