Led legalities

BravoLima

I was looking at some gimicky led tyre valve caps and was wondering on the legality of having lights on my trims?

Thanks in advance......

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
I thought it was white light to the front, orange to the side and red to the rear.

But, plain black plastic ones would be the best ones to go for.

BravoLima

Yeah it is a case for the Chav police lol but they're just for a giggle and not a permanent fixture. Ate they legal or not? They're blue btw......??

andycupra

status subject to change
legal if you use the right colours,
potentially illegal if you use the wrong colours.. eg red.

The presumably have to have some sort of certification that they are safe and secure to fit to a car and ok for road use. IT will be intersting to see if they have a 'get out' by saying they are for show use only.

Height wise they need to be below a certain wattage, but then this isnt going to be an issue :)

BravoLima

Cheers for the info guys. They're not blinding bright lights so that shouldn't be an issue, they are blue which I thought may be an issue? And I'm not gonna use them on high speed roads like motorways. Like I said they're just a gimick to make my mates chuckle, not a chavvy boy racer petrol head lol. Oh they're obviously not gonna shine from or back as they're valve caps. Once again cheers.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Having any blue light showing on your car is illegal - that colour is reserved for the emergency services.

This includes anything that 'looks' like a blue light and blue reflective material

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Some may remember my dice valve caps that I got from Canada whilst on holiday. (I posted pics in a thread but it seems to have gone now). Anyway this was some months ago and people were laying bets as to how long before they got stolen. Well, all the time the car was either in my garage or out on the road it was fine . As soon as I parked it in a supermarket car park last week they went walkies.

IMO I would put them on for a giggle but take them off once the novelty has gone as some little scrote will chav them.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Having any blue light showing on your car is illegal - that colour is reserved for the emergency services.

This includes anything that 'looks' like a blue light and blue reflective material

which is why i have always wondered why there are soooooooooo many lorries on the roads full of blue led's all over their front..

FR_Flavoured

Some may remember my dice valve caps that I got from Canada whilst on holiday. (I posted pics in a thread but it seems to have gone now). Anyway this was some months ago and people were laying bets as to how long before they got stolen. Well, all the time the car was either in my garage or out on the road it was fine . As soon as I parked it in a supermarket car park last week they went walkies.

IMO I would put them on for a giggle but take them off once the novelty has gone as some little scrote will chav them.

You should have electrified your car, which becomes active once the Alarm is set.
Then when the Chav's flock to remove the Dice valve caps.... ZAPPP.... ZAPPP - like those electric shock fly catchers you get in restaurants!!!

We can then all laugh at the Pics [you should have taken] of them lying on the floor around your car, as a result. :D :rolleyes:

1.... 2........................ 3..... 4, intact valve caps. A handful of Chavs wiped from our streets. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

FR_Flavoured

................and regarding (chavvy) LED legalities? - I choose to withhold my opinions. ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.