BTCC 2010 - Thruxton

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Qualifying just finished for tomorrow's first race. Made interesting by the rain.

Shedden takes pole and leads the championship with 1 point.

Honda's seem to have set the pace, but Gio got in the mix as did Jordan. Plato gambled on tyres early on and lost out, but managed to pull his Cruze back to a challenging 5th.

Boardman finished in 14th appears to have struggled for pace in qualifying and maybe caught out by the wet conditions as he had shown some promising pace in both free practice sessions which were drying or dry.

Shaun and AMD showed have demonstrated improvements in the free practice also, but could only manage 18th overall on the wet/damp circuit. Very early days for the team and I think they will be more than happy to compete hopefully score some points tomorrow. :)

101303qu1trg.gif

Coverage is on ITV4 from 11am tomorrow, all the BTCC races from Thruxton will be shown LIVE.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
In the supports.

WTCC driver Huffy guesting this weekend in the Ginetta G50 cup took pole, and is currently leading race 1 that is running now.

Fulvio Mussi and the YRC Clio only qualified 11th due to a fault with the car. The first race is due this afternoon, and on a wet circuit and an often wacky racers grid, Fulvio has every chance of fighting his way through from the mid-field as long as he keeps himself out of trouble. :)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Not as good as most thought JP was going to do

Good to see Huffy showing he is a ace driver in anything

JP, gambled on his tyre choice (slicks front, wets back) on an increasingly wet track and lost out. But 5th is no barrier for Plato, I think in race pace you can never write that man off.

Some post qualifying tweets from AmD.

Wow! Absolutely over the moon! In the field on merit and we haven't been last in any session so far. Might sound like a strange victory.....

But we had no idea how the car would go. We could have been last and a number of seconds off the back of the field. Thanks to all the team.

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Just back from Thruxton. The Barmy Army are bedraggled but looking forward to tomorrow:beer:

Rob Huff won the G50 race impressively.

Fulvio got up to fifth after a great tussle with Pattison and with a gearbox that sounds like a bag of nails. An all-nighter for the techies there but YRC have made a positive start to their campaign after some sleepless nights!

As for BTCC; should be cracking as they all settle in.

I have an adult ticket including paddock entry available for £19 for anyone who decides on a spur of the moment trip and can rendezvous with me at a sensible time tomorrow. Pm me if interested.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Working and I'll miss it, but the Sky+ has been set for tomorrow. Feels a bit weird as it's only the second opening rounds I have missed since 2002! Knockhill only for me this year, unless someone puts their hand in their pocket to get a car out with #1 on the side.

I think Plato will be right up there on race day. The Cruze has not been tested on these new Thruxton tyres as far as I'm aware, while some of the other cars have been. No surprises at Giovanardi's pace, even though he's only had a brief shakedown at Turweston the other day since his last race in 2009. Nice to see the Golf doing well, even beating established drivers like John George. :)

I've never been to a wet race at Thruxton and I wouldn't envy anyone who has! It was held at Easter in 1997 and snowed in one race I remember......

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Myself and mk5rox (Don) will be there come rain or shine, tomorrow :) We'll be down by the chicane as usual I expect, and very much looking forward to it :)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Interesting qualifying. Hoping Shaun finishes the races in the Golf and progresses further as the rounds goes by..

I'm going tomorrow, but I've never been Thruxton before. Is there a meeting point for any SCN'ers going?

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
The SCN Barmy Army will be up on the banking just before the Campbell,Cobb,Seagrave complex. Look for the tent with blue camo top, plenty of flags and yellow SEAT jackets and a few hungover types :bleh:

No convoys in this year as most are already camping.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
The SCN Barmy Army will be up on the banking just before the Campbell,Cobb,Seagrave complex. Look for the tent with blue camo top, plenty of flags and yellow SEAT jackets and a few hungover types :bleh:

No convoys in this year as most are already camping.

Cool I'll hope to find it when I arrive tomorrow!

Is it in-track parking kinda thing like south bank at Brands is? I want to park the LCR with other SEAT's :)

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
No infield parking. You will be directed to car park A if you have an advance ticket, or unlabelled public if not.

It's a bit of a walk in then. The neat shiny rows of SEATS will have to wait till South Bank at Brands on May 2nd.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.