Black Seat Badge

Cupra Steve

Feb 27, 2010
Gateshead North East
Hi all,

just wondering, has anyone painted their Seat badge (on the front grill) black? At the minute my car is all red & black and i have this great big chrome badge which to me spoils the looks a bit.

What did you use to paint it? Can you get if off the car without damaging the badge or the car.

Cheers

or carbon fibre vinyl...

anyone fitted vinyl to the badge? I was wondering how you get it to cover all the chrome and still look professional, with the 'S' having splits in it...
the chrome itself seperate to the plastic mould, I guess the pieces would come off then need glueing back in, but the safer option is to use the vinyl then just cut it so you have an overlap on the chrome, apply heat at it should wrap into the gap between the two pieces (only about 0.5mm this gap) so you can achieve a cood finish with a bit of time.

cfcmick

Nov 11, 2006
Essex Boy
Front badge I just removed the grill, masked off, rubbed down with a bit of 1200 wet & dry, primered it and sprayed with satin black.
With the back one to make it easier you can remove it from the car totally.
Again same procedure as with the front, mask, prime and spray.

Not near my car until Thursday to take any photo's... Sorry

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
or carbon fibre vinyl...

anyone fitted vinyl to the badge? I was wondering how you get it to cover all the chrome and still look professional, with the 'S' having splits in it...

Theres a MK1 LCR Owner local to me whos Vinly Carbon Fibre'd his and it looks Excellent

As has been mentioned Vinyl it rather than paint

ares

Jun 28, 2008
Greece, Athens
Here is with carbon

img4bacc076f2061.jpg

img4bacc06a77138.jpg

img4bacc07c9e916.jpg

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Exactly what i want to know! ive decided i want to do mine now

Not sure if i want Carbon or Black tho

How do you do the rear one

ares

Jun 28, 2008
Greece, Athens
I am just saying is not very easy to do, but if you know what you're doing, go for it. You'll have to strip the interior rear panel and expose the back of the handle casing, then remove the whole handle and casing. You'll then need to dismantle the handle and remove the black inner grill from the S badge and then wrap it.

Last edited:
I am just saying is not very easy to do, but if you know what you're doing, go for it. You'll have to strip the interior rear panel and expose the back of the handle casing, then remove the whole handle and casing. You'll then need to dismantle the handle and remove the black inner grill from the S badge and then wrap it.

Ares! Not seen you online in a long time! Whatever happened to that interior carbon kit bought? Did you ever get round to fit it?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise