Highest mileage leon mk2 and reliability issues?

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
(23.500 miles) when I got it had done 22.200 4 months ago, new sencor replaced in march, and air/con dont work. Ok I know its got climate controll but you know what I mean will be booking it in some time over the next week or so.

Dinger1982uk

2010 Cupra TSI 500 miles
1x rear window jam sensor replaced not a good start but I have faith.
My Old 2005 Cupra R 45k not single problem. I suppose thats why I went for another Cupra

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
march 08 cupra 20tfsi just short of 20.000 at 19.768......had the abs unit replaced at 10.055,a week after i bought it with 10.000 on clock....it actually went the day i picked it up,but couldn,t get repaired for a week.......other than that had 9.713 miles of spine tingling fun

rosco07

Apr 7, 2008
Silver 07 FR TDI 33.5K had is since 7K. Problems:

Steering rack replaced at 8K due to noisy bearings (I think it was bearings)
Foggy Headlight replaced 8K
Delaminating windscreen (white stripe at the bottom) 9K
Airbag plug/connection under passenger seat ~20K
Exhaust pressure sensor ~25K
ABS control unit 33K (quite a big job)

Crappy finish on 18" alloys but no chance of replacement.
Intermittant knock from 10K which has never been fixed but was not flagged at MOT and despite several trips to the dealers over the last 2 years it never makes the noise when it goes there! It's only present on cold days and goes away after 10 miles or so most of the time when heard.

All work done under warranty. Looking back it's must be a Friday afternoon car!

UPDATE - 34K Electromechanical Steering light, TCS light & Tyre Pressure light on tonight. No traction control and steering feels strange. Probably related to the ABS unit being replaced a few weeks ago (no TCS then either). But now no warranty, will phone garage tomorrow.

BIGG when do you drive to & from work? I drive the same road and have never seen you about except when I see your car sitting at your work on my way home but haven't seen it about in your midweek town (where I live). Worked all that out from reading a few threads in case you are wondering.

Last edited:

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
06 MK2 FR TDi - 71K. I got it with just less that 12K on about 2 1/2 years back. Had my fair share of problems with it but none of them can really be attributed to it being high mileage. The only thing now is it will need the cambelt done at xmas which is an expensive job! Got an amber on the last service for the brake discs being rusted on the edges. All downhill from here I think! :(

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
just over 41k from my TDi FR with the following issues:

Rattling dashboard (warranty)
loose Gear change cable (warranty)

so far no other issues... touch wood

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
06 2.0 Tdi Sport - 33,150 from new

Problems:
Saw tooth wear on tyres. Had 4 wheel alingment before replacing 2 tyres but noise back again! Think might have to double check the settings with somone on here & then bring to garage again.
De-laminated windscreen last year.
Creaking noise from rear. SEAT couldn't find. I tracked down & fixed loose door catch.
Poor paint finish on wheels but wouldn't do when within warranty.

Car had Superchips remap after about 5k miles & (touch wood!) no major problems. Will need cambelt change in July which I'm not looking forward to. If anyone can recommend best/cheapest place to have this done in Herts would appreciate it.

Cheers

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
07 TDi sport, with various bits modified.. no issues except from cylinder head. (Coolant loss, located to faulty cylinder head) Replaced under warranty at 27k miles,car now done 30k miles. All is good :D

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Silver 07 FR TDI 33.5K had is since 7K. Problems:

Steering rack replaced at 8K due to noisy bearings (I think it was bearings)
Foggy Headlight replaced 8K
Delaminating windscreen (white stripe at the bottom) 9K
Airbag plug/connection under passenger seat ~20K
Exhaust pressure sensor ~25K
ABS control unit 33K (quite a big job)
Crappy finish on 18" alloys but no chance of replacement.
Intermittant knock from 10K which has never been fixed but was not flagged at MOT and despite several trips to the dealers over the last 2 years it never makes the noise when it goes there! It's only present on cold days and goes away after 10 miles or so most of the time when heard.

All work done under warranty. Looking back it's must be a Friday afternoon car!

BIGG when do you drive to & from work? I drive the same road and have never seen you about except when I see your car sitting at your work on my way home but haven't seen it about in your midweek town (where I live). Worked all that out from reading a few threads in case you are wondering.

Alright Rosco, i generally drive home at about 5 oclock mate, i wasnt out in the car much at cumnock to be honest. I'm now staying at mauchline, place i was renting has been sold. So staying there, if you eve fancy wee meet give us a shout, its only 5 mins away, what colour is your car bud?:) Did you know Gigsy? Gordon Booth and Craig Booth, i stayed there at Holland Crescent:)

rosco07

Apr 7, 2008
Alright Rosco, i generally drive home at about 5 oclock mate, i wasnt out in the car much at cumnock to be honest. I'm now staying at mauchline, place i was renting has been sold. So staying there, if you eve fancy wee meet give us a shout, its only 5 mins away, what colour is your car bud?:) Did you know Gigsy? Gordon Booth and Craig Booth, i stayed there at Holland Crescent:)

Car is Luna Grey aka silver and often dirty I'm afraid. Reg number stats with the same first letter as yours but then a Y - keep your eyes peeled as I'm surprised we've never passed. Don't know any of the boys you mentioned. I live in Holmhead so only occasionally in the town centre. Usually go through Mauchline at the weekend and only the odd night due to the traffic on my way home form Ayr. Do you travel via Ochiltree over the 5 mile cut road or you going over all the wee back roads? I cut off the A70 for Auchinleck onto that road some nights around that time so I'll keep a look out.

If I decide to keep my car any longer (it's fooked again see edit!) and I consider going for a DPF delete I'll give you a shout.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Car is Luna Grey aka silver and often dirty I'm afraid. Reg number stats with the same first letter as yours but then a Y - keep your eyes peeled as I'm surprised we've never passed. Don't know any of the boys you mentioned. I live in Holmhead so only occasionally in the town centre. Usually go through Mauchline at the weekend and only the odd night due to the traffic on my way home form Ayr. Do you travel via Ochiltree over the 5 mile cut road or you going over all the wee back roads? I cut off the A70 for Auchinleck onto that road some nights around that time so I'll keep a look out.

If I decide to keep my car any longer (it's fooked again see edit!) and I consider going for a DPF delete I'll give you a shout.

No bother mate, aye i g over the 5 mile cut to get to mauchline, ill defo keep my eys peeled for you. If you ever fancy seeing what stage 2 feels like give me a shout:p I think you'll like it, sorry to hear it fooked bud, one of the only cars you can buy with yourheart and head;)

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
06 2.0 Tdi Sport - 33,150 from new
Will need cambelt change in July which I'm not looking forward to. If anyone can recommend best/cheapest place to have this done in Herts would appreciate it.

At ~40k miles!??

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Frm new FR TDI 07 plate
80,000 miles
Revo Remapped from 14K
Serviced every 10K by main dealer
Abused on a daily basis

Work Done by dealer in no paticular order
  • 8x DPF sensors
  • New air con motor
  • Xenon headlight fault (10 days to resolve by dealer)
  • Radio/CD player replaced
  • Wire broke stopping drivers wiper working
  • Rear bumper painted as was poor from factory
  • 4x door mirrors replaced (2 each side) as squeaky / not folding in/out
  • Wet windows x 3 windows
  • Drivers window button replaced as switch stopped working
  • 8x sets of front tyres
  • 1x set of back tyres
  • 4x sets of front pads
  • 4x sets of rear pads
  • 3x sets of front discs
  • 1x set of rear discs
  • 1x new engine cover (broken by dealer)
  • 2x new windscreeens (stone chips)
  • 2x rear brake light bulb

Other things to note
  • average mpg 36.5 for a diesel!!!
  • top speed seen via gps 136mph regular cruise speed around 85-90mph daily seeing higher
  • never needed to fill with oil between services (rather never had a warning light to check the oil level)
  • now smokes quite badly on acceleration if left ideling for 2/3 mins even with the dpf
  • brakes do fade quite oftern if driven hard but not warped a disc at all (good+)

I'm sure there's more but cannot think at the moment...

kingkongsfinger

Feb 16, 2005
Bolton
57 plate Cupra 61,000 miles, company car. All going well, engine still strong, it has been ragged to death.

No bulbs blown, same wipers, drivers seat base looking tired and the upright part near the door is collapsing, im only 73 kg so no excessive weight or blubber.

Oh it had an exhaust backbox under warranty at 12K as it was rattling.

3 sets of tyres.

Bored of it now and cabin noise is wearing me down, only another 7 months to go and counting TBH.:)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise