Status
Not open for further replies.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Well there is no way I can get rid of the SAI code and engine light, I don't think the SAI will fit back on with the big turbo kit either, so after speaking to Alex I did the only thing I can do ... I pulled the clocks out, split them, took the needles and facing off and put black tape over the LED that lights up the check engine light. Put it all back together and now no check engine light! I'll just check for codes once a month or so and clear them. Having done this I removed the EVAP again to tidy up the bay as not having it doesn't matter now. :D

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Came home today, pressed the button on the remote to lock the car ... nothing! For some reason my remote has suddenly stopped working. I replaced the battery, still nothing. So I can't lock my car! Drivers door is delocked so can't do it manually either.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
rob have you tried opening the car from the boot? also if the doesn't open the doors, hold the key in the open position until all the windows open, then put the key in the ignition but dont open the drivers door as the alarm will go off, press the unlock doors button then open the door. i had this problem with mine and it was the only way i could get in the car without the alarm going off. a simple recode and reset in vagcom and all is well :)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
good stuff! =)

You had me worried because I recently delocked my car too (yes I did the fuse 38 relocation, and I also fitted a new battery to my fob too just in case!)

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
rob have you tried opening the car from the boot? also if the doesn't open the doors, hold the key in the open position until all the windows open, then put the key in the ignition but dont open the drivers door as the alarm will go off, press the unlock doors button then open the door. i had this problem with mine and it was the only way i could get in the car without the alarm going off. a simple recode and reset in vagcom and all is well :)

Good advice there Sam except Rob couldn't lock his car so getting in was not a problem, and he has de-locked the door so couldn't wind down the windows with the key. :p

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Sadly my Dad passed away today, he suffered an intercranial haemorrage (bleeding in the brain) which appeared to start yesterday as he wasn't feeling well so went for a sleep and just never woke up again. Got a call this morning to say he could not be woken so was taken to hospital, spent the day with him and he passed away never regaining consiousness, small mercy but he wouldn't have known anything about it. . All his family was with him when he passed, it was very peaceful. 1935-2011 age 76 and in fairly good health for his age, so it was a shock at his sudden passing.

He will be sadly missed by all. Rest in peace Dad.

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
Sorry to hear mate. Lost my dad 2 years ago @ 52 y/o and my Grandad passed away yesterday. Sad times, but time's a healer and they would only want us to continue with life, chin up. R.I.P

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
So very sorry to hear of your loss mate.

My thoughts go out to you and your family, I know how hard it it at this very sad time :(

R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.