Black MK1 Cupra R 210 AMK

Josh_Cupra

***** User
May 22, 2016
Hi everyone welcome to my build thread, from a very young age I’ve always liked the shape and mean look of the Leon Cupra r MK1 and dreamed of owning one. I haven't owned a car for many years due to living out for university, but having completed uni I have now been given the chance to get back into the car scene.

I used to own a VW Polo 6n which I surprisingly loved but sadly had to get rid of. I was initially looking at 320cd m sports before the Cupra but was gobsmacked at the insurance prices I was receiving so started writing down a list of cars I would like to own in my lifetime. This list contained a Cupra R MK1, so I got a few insurance quotes and they were much better than an e46 320cd so bit the bullet and purchased this Cupra R AMK in black. :thumbup:

In all its glory :D

It’s a completely standard car which has been looked after very well and is very clean.

Got it back home and plugged it into VAG.com to reveal no fault codes whatsoever.

The only problem was the boot not locking with the central locking, so we took the panel off to reveal the motor which was very stiff. Ordered up a new boot actuator which solved the problem. :lol:

I love the way it drives and the feel of the car, you don’t see many around my way so it’s nice to know it’s of a few in the area.

The next stage was to give it a nice clean. Here are some of the tools we used to tackle the car

Spent about 4 hours cleaning it which did not even include waxing the car due to fatigue settling in haha.

Did a bit of reading on detailingworld regarding apc and to save money decided to buy some Tesco All purpose cleaner which did do an amazing job on the door and boot sills even at a 1:10 dilution.

The nice and clean (sort of) engine bay

Onto the clay barring which didn’t reveal too many imperfections. :happy:

Polish with Autoglym SRP did an amazing job!

Recently decided I wanted a bit more noise and a tiny bit of a performance increase with the benefit of less airflow restriction. So searched the forums doing a bit of research and stumbled upon the Ramair induction kit which looks the part installed and sounds amazing!

The sound is addictive!

Future mods:
Remap
Spacers all around
Cobra exhaust
Coilovers

Hope you’ve enjoyed the little write up; keep your eyes peeled for updates, cheers:cheers:

Last edited:

matt_83

Apr 24, 2016
York
Looks great Josh!! Will be keeping an eye on this as I've recently bought a standard black LCR myself! :)

Josh_Cupra

***** User
May 22, 2016
Looks great Josh!! Will be keeping an eye on this as I've recently bought a standard black LCR myself! :)

Thank you Matt! :) I personally think black is one of the best colours for the car, it's my favourite. Oh wicked that's cool, got a build thread for it ?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.