Status
Not open for further replies.

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
I have fixed the carbon canister CEL! I bought a control valve from ebay and plugged it in, the CEL has not returned!

valve.jpg

The control valve is from a Lupo/Polo and cost me £7.50 posted. I haven't plumbed it in to anything, just plugged in electrically. The fuel tank breather hose is plumbed into my turbo intake to prevent any smells from entering the cabin, as is the oil catch tank return hose.

Looking to remove my canister soon, will this work for a Mk3 Ibiza :confused:

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
As i keep saying, nothing will work short of mapping it out or putting it back on.

You can keep it at bay if you dont let it idle for long after its warm.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Correct - the small control valve only delayed the CEL on mine for a couple of days, then it came back. I have put the canister back on and no more CEL. The only one I get now is for the SAI which only comes up very occasionally, nowhere near as often as the EVAP which came on every second day!

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Does anyone have all the parts for the SAI that they have removed? The SAI CEL is the only one I get now and it's a PITA as it comes on every 3rd day, so I am seriously considering putting the SAI back on, but I threw all the parts off mine away years ago! So if anyone has the parts please contact me. :D

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Thanks for the offer. After looking at the amount of junk in the SAI system I don't think I'll bother refitting it. I need the rear 02 sensor mapped out as apparently that is the one that triggers the CEL.

Anyone map it out for me from REVO stage 3 software?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
I'm 99% sure that revo stage TWO software (for LCRs) automatically ignores/maps out the rear lambda sensor?! so therefore I would have assumed their stage 3 software would too! (obviously not I guess?!) :shrug:

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Do you not have any problems with emissions come MOT time with the canister removed?

No, I haven't had the canister for years and always pass come MOT time.

I've read several ME7 documents on how the ECU handles the carbon canister, apart from the emissions BS that it does they all also say it is there to prevent pressure rising in the fuel tank.

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but i wasn't going to sift through 159pages :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.