Matt's Red Ibiza FR TDI on RHs, with added plywood and plastic :)

pete_266

Liking the wheels

What coulor grey did you get your them done in?

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Liking the wheels

What coulor grey did you get your them done in?

Thanks, this isn't going to be very helpful lol but a lesson I've learnt...

It's a custom colour, which I can only imagine was made by putting a few different ones together by where I had the done.

I thought it was cool that it was pretty unique, but now I can't touch up the stone chips lol unless I go to them which is rather annoying

I've been to a paint shop and compared every manufacturers colours book to them with no luck lol

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
As I had the camera out, here are today's deliveries :)

PD160:
2rrmhb5.jpg

Golf Interior Light:
4rpc20.jpg

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
Thought I should have a look on your RR after talking to you on a few random threads :)

Nice progress. The paint looks super shiny in your pictures.

Hope you don't mind if I ask but what tape did you use to fit your splitter? I'm looking to fit a LCR splitter soon but I dont want to screw it into place.

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010

i'll try to help, the tape is from ebay if you search for "Black Double Sided Foam Tape All Sizes Automotive Grade" you will see it. It is probably worth ago for your LCR splitter as it is more plasticy whereas mine is foamy so it doesn't help and I think the LCR splitter would allow you to use the 50mm wide stuff they offer.

It's doing the job at the moment, but is coming away very slighting at the tightest point of the curve by the foglights (you can see in the pic on the last page)

The american guides I saw for mine suggest stuff by 3M, but I can't find any Uk sellers offing less than 30m of it :(

In other news,
PD160 is fitted, it's very close to one of the little coolant hoses so I had to put some tape around it in case it rubs.
Interior light is in, but I need to go home to see what old sidelight LEDs I have knocking around for the map lights

I got the first bit for my honey comb centre grille today :)
15hmrdj.jpg

It got wrapped of course lol key for size comparison as I think it is smaller than the standard badge, which I'm not sure is good or bad at the moment haha
156vhcg.jpg

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
:-o OMFG what are those alloys and where can i get them

XXR 527 :)

srbpower appear to be the main/first UK distributor and there's some on ebay.

There's more choice of widths / offsets / stud patterns from the USA though and annoyingly they are only $500 a set there which is super cheap.

I might have to have a holiday and bring some back haha

edit: someone sent me the link for this video too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNlp8XD4GrQ

Last edited:

phillpotts92

Buy Cheap, Buy Twice! :D
Oct 2, 2010
Bristol.
www.seatcupra.net
I got bored of the fake carbon wrap

Took the centre grill out to make fitting new stuff a bit easier:
80img2011102200005.jpg

Old:
34img2011102200007.jpg

Impressed how well it came off being on for a year!
61img2011102200008.jpg

I vinyled that and the number plate bit the same colour as my wheels :)

Next....

New purchase :) Amazon USA about £5 + £5 shipping (or £25 on english ebay!)
http://www.amazon.com/Frost-G9-Rubber-Garage-Bottom/dp/B00011KLH0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319398571&sr=8-1

+ B and M - £1
63img2011102300013.jpg

Together:
66img2011102300014.jpg

+ my front bumper :)
11img2011102300015a.jpg

What do you think?

Proper pics to come :)

Fast car Dustcaps FTW! I need some of that garage door seal looks mint!

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
excellent progress mate :)

you get much scrubbing under load going that low? i'm fitting my coilies in about 3 weeks and undecided how low to go on em (although i doubt it'll go so low standard)

also undecided whether spacers will be necessary...gonna soften the rarb too as the stiffest setting is frightful in the wet/damp

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
excellent progress mate :)

you get much scrubbing under load going that low? i'm fitting my coilies in about 3 weeks and undecided how low to go on em (although i doubt it'll go so low standard)

also undecided whether spacers will be necessary...gonna soften the rarb too as the stiffest setting is frightful in the wet/damp

Spacers do help the look quite a lot not sure about handling as I fitted them straight after coilovers which made a massive difference. I'd probably try 15mm spacers if I could with 20mm ones it does rub at the back on arch liner.

It rubbed when it was higher with 5 (light) people in the back so now it is lower I carry no more than 3 lol While washing it at the weekend I noticed where it was rubbing a bit on the front arch but I need to jack it up to have a better look.

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Went out to take some beading pictures, unfortunately my car was dirtier than I thought so there were lots of dirty water marks on the roof and bonnet, anyway:

Had this for a while never got a photo:
26th033804e.jpg

Polarising filter make my car look clean lol:
87th033805e.jpg

74th033810e.jpg

OEM+ ftw!
38th033795e.jpg

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Looking good :) See for those scratches on your dash, heat them up with a hairdrier and then get a yellow duster and rub really hard. This should remove the scratches, but it takes a bit of time

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Looking good :) See for those scratches on your dash, heat them up with a hairdrier and then get a yellow duster and rub really hard. This should remove the scratches, but it takes a bit of time

Cheers, I think they were from when I lost the old tax disc and holder in the small gap between windscreen and the dash and was attempting to flick it out with a ruler!

I'll be interested to see what you get next!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.