My 20vt mk1 Leon RR

Miller 20vt

No longer a newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Hampshire
www.pijin.co.uk
Hi everyone!! Been a tad lazy and have just decided to start a RR 4months after buying her.
Been in to my seats since I first started driving and owned my fair share but this is my first Leon :D

How it looked when I picked her up :)
5d6145e3-22cc-60bd.jpg

I bought her for £1100 with no tax and 2months MOT of a friend of mine which already had 6K HID kit, JOM coilovers, FK arb and had a forge split r dv.

I've since then done with my bro a major service including some warranty coil packs from the stealers :) aux belt, cambelt kit, water pump, repaired the secondry air pump, replaced the split r with a 007p (as she had seen better days) and got a cheap neuspeed p-flo induction kit of the bay all within one week of having her. Could say I was a little bit busy :)

5d6145e3-265b-78f3.jpg

I know this still has the split r in the pic but ohh well
5d6145e3-2674-20ed.jpg

The following weekend I had the Leon mapped by JBS at Audi inters @ castle combe and it was brilliant!! Drove her up standard and came back with a rocket :)

I then got a set of Octavia VRS wheels and tyres for £175 and they were mint!! Had to get rid of the multi spokes as they didn't do the car any justice and then got some pressed plates too

5d6145e3-2799-2b96.jpg

Won a cheap toyosports cat back of the bay as rear box started to break up and was surprised with the sound on full throttle...could do with a bit more rumble on tick over but de-cat down pipe soon to come...
5d6145e3-2823-ff45.jpg

Then had to loose the towbar as I have no use and I think it looked rubbish
5d6145e3-288b-65d4.jpg

Just bought myself a toyosport intercooler kit and thanks to mo checked it was all there....gonna crack on and fit it up in 2 weeks when I can get a company car for the weekend
5d6145e3-28fd-902e.jpg

Last but not least on my massive rant and first post lol is the fabia rear wiper....such a little bargin mod!!
5d6145e3-294c-db40.jpg

Still a lot to be done and stuff to so thanks for reading this essay, updates to follow soon!!

Miller 20vt

RDS1972

Dec 19, 2011
Essex
Those wheels really suit it, nice one.
Good progress with the mods. What was wrong with the 2ndary air pump? Just noisy or knackered?

Miller 20vt

No longer a newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Hampshire
www.pijin.co.uk
Those wheels really suit it, nice one.
Good progress with the mods. What was wrong with the 2ndary air pump? Just noisy or knackered?

Thanks mate!! i was surprised how well the wheels looked at first as they were only temp due to the tread on the original wheels was low and as they were cheap i killed to birds with one stone :)

Yeah the secondary air pump sounded like a dyson which is a conmen problem as the casing splits where its held together with plastic rivets so i drilled them out and replaced them with nuts and bolts and sealed it back together and she was as good as new :)

RDS1972

Dec 19, 2011
Essex
Sounds like I might have to do mine then.
Dyson-like for the first 30-40 seconds and then normal.
Poo.

scotty86d

Loving this car, exactly the sort of mods I'm looking at to do on mine. How have you found the cooler? Was the fit good and does the quality look half decent?

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller 20vt

No longer a newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Hampshire
www.pijin.co.uk
Loving this car, exactly the sort of mods I'm looking at to do on mine. How have you found the cooler? Was the fit good and does the quality look half decent?

thanks bud! nice to hear things like that. i haven't got round to fitting the cooler yet, not this weekend the weekend after i will be and will hopefully get some snaps along the way and do a little read up/how to....will be doing the TIP fingers crossed at the same time and may treat myself to a de cat so im near on ready for the stage 2 map :)

Miller 20vt

No longer a newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Hampshire
www.pijin.co.uk
Little update...Ive swapped my neuspeed p-flo over for a pipercross panel with drilled air box to see what difference it makes to performance and mpg.

Ordering my TIP tomorrow ready for next weekend when i fit my fmic :)

Kiirst

Looking nice dude, i want that intercooler, just not looking forward to the hassle of fitting it..

Miller 20vt

No longer a newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Hampshire
www.pijin.co.uk
Where you getting your tip from bud ?

Im getting one from eBay for £54.99 bud, been told for the money its well worth doing and near on £80 cheaper than a samco one...happy days :happy:

Looking nice dude, i want that intercooler, just not looking forward to the hassle of fitting it..

Thanks buddy! Nice to get all this good feedback about the car :) will give ya some feedback on how it went with pics once shes done :)

tayloricedesign

Nice car mate, clean and tidy, liking the new intercooler.

tayloricedesign

Cool, just got my first Leon and can't wait to clean him up and polish it and then start looking at modding.

Miller 20vt

No longer a newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Hampshire
www.pijin.co.uk
Its my first leon too, had many other SEAT's in the past....helps where my dads and bro are both techs at the main dealer so they know there way around the motor and can help me with what i need to do.

I am basically trying to clean mine up and get her nice and quick, thinking of going for the stealth look ;)

tayloricedesign

Sweet, Im planning to get my Leon cleaned up and get some pics so I can post up here.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.