What did you and your MK2 do today?

Nov 15, 2011
So inline with getting the leon ready for GTI inters, i changed thecam follower (needed it badly)

As you can se mine had warn down quite a lot, dont think this has ever been changed.

IMAG0683.jpg

Then i put in my new OEM Floor mats:

IMAG0685.jpg

IMAG0686.jpg

IMAG0687.jpg

And then gave the car a good clean wash and polish sealed etc, mini wash for GTI inters.

IMAG0684.jpg

IMAG0688.jpg

Also got my pig snout exhaust changed today as i started to really dislike the look of it, OEM Freshness:

before:

IMAG0682.jpg

After:

IMAG0689.jpg

IMAG0690.jpg

IMAG0691.jpg

So thats so far, Fitting my Decat Downpipe tomorrow. and Stage 2 on sunday whilst at GTI Inters.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I put some fogs in! However, i don't have the fog light grills yet, luckily the original plastic covers fit on so no one would ever know at the minute!

5acfd508-e0a2-f90e.jpg

Also sprayed my speaker grills in aluminium but not finished/got a photo yet! Hopefully finish them tomorrow :)

Deleted member 74601

Do you need a the grilles? I have on spare unused one for passenger side.

Also regarding cam followers, what made you decide to change it? How often should they be done? Oh, and what does it do? :D (I'm a car newb trying to learn some things).

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
So inline with getting the leon ready for GTI inters, i changed thecam follower (needed it badly)

As you can se mine had warn down quite a lot, dont think this has ever been changed.

And then gave the car a good clean wash and polish sealed etc, mini wash for GTI inters.

IMAG0684.jpg

IMAG0688.jpg

Also got my pig snout exhaust changed today as i started to really dislike the look of it, OEM Freshness:

before:

IMAG0682.jpg

After:

IMAG0689.jpg

So thats so far, Fitting my Decat Downpipe tomorrow. and Stage 2 on sunday whilst at GTI Inters.

Where can i get these??? Hoping to get a dual fitting oval tailpipe for my tsi 1.4 but so far no good.

What are you plannig for your old tailpipe. Hint hint.:D

Ps car looks slick with black grill and badge.

Nov 15, 2011
That is my stock tip ha ha its welded onto a straight through pipe so no massive rear box.

And cheers took a while to man up and do it but I think when your in front of it and that's coming up behind you its quite like what the hell is that.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
That is my stock tip ha ha its welded onto a straight through pipe so no massive rear box.

And cheers took a while to man up and do it but I think when your in front of it and that's coming up behind you its quite like what the hell is that.

Any chance you could do some measuring? Peeesssee?
I need the pipe inlet diameter (single pipe).,
the gap inbetween pipe inlets
and the total width of inlets (both pipes)

If your thinking of slinging it, ill have it!!! If not at least i know what to look out for.
Ta

Deleted member 74601

Yesterday, I learned just how much high winds **** up fuel economy.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Yesterday, I learned just how much high winds **** up fuel economy.

Indeed... And that's in a car... Think how bad aircraft are on economy in bad wind! :p

I learned yesterday that having 4 people in your car in high winds effs up fuel economy :lol:

Nov 15, 2011
Any chance you could do some measuring? Peeesssee?
I need the pipe inlet diameter (single pipe).,
the gap inbetween pipe inlets
and the total width of inlets (both pipes)

If your thinking of slinging it, ill have it!!! If not at least i know what to look out for.
Ta

Which bit are you on about, the one that's on the car and staying and the other got cut in half.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Which bit are you on about, the one that's on the car and staying and the other got cut in half.

Ah rite, i thought it got took off in one peice. So where did you get them? I know one is oem factory as you mentioned.
I just want an oval tip for a double exit tailpipe (that i may have to cut, and maybe move pipes apart to fit)
Like your "SNOUT" one lol.

Adman77

Audre Est Facre
Feb 13, 2012
Hertfordshire
Put some new Coronado cherries in and LED sidelights.

It's amazing how something so small can make such a big difference to the appearance of a car (at night obviously)

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
We went all over the place today! Burnt loads of fuel :(

However, finally finished fixing my remote conteol subaru impreza wrx :D

51633afa-30fd-f1be.jpg

And i can drive it under my car like a bridge or tunnel! :D

51633afa-3122-181b.jpg

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
Been busy doing my cold air feed and also brought some carbon vinyl and wrapped a few things . For a first timer i thought it looked good and wasnt as hard as i thought . I was going to wrap the window pillers but thought it looked tacky and will be getting gloss black for that . Let me know what u think
5e0dd39e-2149-6fc3.jpg

5e0dd39e-238f-3a4e.jpg

5e0dd39e-239f-cd9a.jpg

5e0dd39e-23af-25e1.jpg

5e0dd39e-23be-994d.jpg

5e0dd39e-23cb-aa13.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.