K1 kitted Leon Cupra gone........ Now got a TTRS

johnny_reyno

Leon Cupra R TFSI
Feb 27, 2012
Lancashire
hiya mate thankyou i have fitted it in the right place but by the looks of things i need a Forge Vacuum Operated Valve to go with it. i already have a induction kit fitted i have a BMC CDA Kit and it sounds nice :) do you think it makes a difference if i keep the engine cover off cause i see you have taken yours off and fitted a new pipe to your induction kit.

thankyou

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
hiya mate thankyou i have fitted it in the right place but by the looks of things i need a Forge Vacuum Operated Valve to go with it. i already have a induction kit fitted i have a BMC CDA Kit and it sounds nice :) do you think it makes a difference if i keep the engine cover off cause i see you have taken yours off and fitted a new pipe to your induction kit.

thankyou

Noise wise, makes no difference having the cover on or off. But because I have the Forge Twintake, the cover has to come off. I've got to cut the cover up where the OEM filter is, as water is able to get past the rubber on coil pack four. So recommend you leave the cover on mate.

johnny_reyno

Leon Cupra R TFSI
Feb 27, 2012
Lancashire
SDC11702.jpg

QUOTE]

The spacer is near to the induction kit, on the left. Has the large pipe going to it.

Where did you get the pipe leading to the top of the induction kit with the air sencer. i have left my engine cover on and want to take it off and set it up like yours. can you please tell me where i can get on from and a rough idea of how much it will cost.

also what is the other adapter on the right of the induction kit for?

thankyou

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Where did you get the pipe leading to the top of the induction kit with the air sencer. i have left my engine cover on and want to take it off and set it up like yours. can you please tell me where i can get on from and a rough idea of how much it will cost.

also what is the other adapter on the right of the induction kit for?

thankyou

The whole induction kit, is Forge's Twintake. Price from new is around £350, they can be found on Ebay, but make sure you get the right kit for the Leon, as there are differences between the VAG cars. All the info is on Forge's website.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
[QUOTE

2012-05-12135935.jpg

QUOTE]

20120814_161134.jpg

Changed the plastidip area abit. Parked near a FR, and looked too similar. The best part of using plastidip is if you get bored it just peels off.
So now only the bottom section around the exhaust is black. Also did the SEAT badge, again its okay to operate the boot release.

The plastidip has also stood up well to road use, and pressure washing. the only proviso is that you don't point the nozzle directly at the edges, otherwise it will start to peel off.

Last edited:

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
How easy is it to spray the bumper with plastidip?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
How easy is it to spray the bumper with plastidip?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Dead easy mate, just make sure you have a clean surface and build the layers up. I left around 1/2 an hour between layers. Again if dont like it, it'll peel off. The paint also comes in different colours, and you can get a clear laquer but have't tried that.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Got my fuel rebuilt at APR, although didn't realise it was going to the states. Got it back yesterday.

Big thanks to Evan at APR and Steve at C&R Enterprises.

20130117_182646_zpsce03b7a9.jpg

Just got to wait for the weather to get a bit better, as the motor is sat outside.

Last edited:

mini_racer

Dec 16, 2011
Lovely car mate! Never heard of that plastidip stuff before but looks stop on, and your dash looks gorgeous too! Could you get a up close pic of the edges of it so I can see how neat it is please?

Grant

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.