Mk3 Leon FR & New Ibiza FR side by side

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
As promised guys, sorry for delay. I saw these 2 at the dealers a couple of weeks ago, and thought the comparison was interesting as same colour etc. Pretty hard to tell the difference at a glance!

DSC_0004_zpsbb0c32ca.jpg

edsassin

Bit to similar for my liking, still loving the mk2 Leon's every time I see mine on the drive it makes me smile

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
They are very very similar. Going to take a look at the SC when it comes out, but of course the front is the same. Your right the Mk2 is still a 'little special' and a bit less 'normal looking' IMO, had mine 5 years today, but still loving it.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Good picture, they are certainly similar but not in a bad way. You'd get similar results picturing an Audi A1 and A3 together or VW Polo and Golf.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
The Leon (on the left) looks really high off the ground?

Do look quite similar apart from the lights, not sure if I like the white or not

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
The Leon (on the left) looks really high off the ground?

Do look quite similar apart from the lights, not sure if I like the white or not

Your right it is a little high, but was just off the transporter so could well have had something holding the suspension up. Will see it again tomorrow so will let you know.

edsassin

They are really a special little motor, mines a lovely bright yellow, black alloys and the k1 kit B E A utiful

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
Looks good but too similar. You need a little variation. Might as well call it Ibiza xl. One thing I will say though is the interior is a big step up on the mk2 Leon and mk5 Ibiza. The mk3 Leon is much more plush with nicer materials being used all round and not just hard plastic everywhere. Seat appear to have used a lot from the exeo and used what they have learned from that in terms of interior quality and materials but added more modern technology for the media system. I'm certain this will be a great car as its going to be basically a less expensive version of a golf or a3. I'm assuming the newest golf and a3 will have slightly better media systems and the a3 has the option of the Quattro system (which is great on my cousins 170 tdi a3) and a few different petrol options at top of the range.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.