REVO Candy White mk4 FR - FOR SALE

Should I colour code my door strips?

• Total voters

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
You need to wind them coils down! Could looks awesome lower on standard wheels! Loving the build!

That's a 35mm drop on weitec shocks :-/
There are earlier pics with my coil overs on but they didn't last long. Windows are getting tinted week on Tuesday and I was gonna get engine parts after but I think it will be a set of JOMS instead. :whistle:

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
It's a **** drop whatever it is. The weitecs were getting raved about so that's why I got them. Didn't want the coilys after what happened to the last ones I had. But think I will buy them from new next time so I get a warranty.
Shocks and springs for sale anyone? Lol

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
Wee whiley since iv been on. What iv been up to lately.

Changed over the track rod ends, what a c*nt of a job

IMG_0374.jpg

Tracking after the track rod ends

IMG_0384.jpg

Got an icey window

IMG_0353.jpg

Started to prepare my side strips

IMG_0383.jpg

Layer of primer

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

And thats all iv managed of them. Prob be after winter by the time they are finished now!

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
A good clean and double coat of collinite wax for the winter as well. Love the beading it has just now!

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

A few reflection shots after the waxing but camera doesnt give it justice. Windows got tinted if you didnt notice as well :)

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
Few things going on when the good weather arrives.

Im hoping to go down and get a good detail from Rob in Edinburgh.
I have coilovers on the way hopefully - awesomegti taking their time to deliver.
Colour coded side strips
SCN stickers that i finally ordered.
New wipers
I wrapped my front 'S' with a new black surround front grill &
I will ordering a de cat down pipe.

I think this could be the end to modifying the car maybe. I think i will be looking for another car this year. A plan im maybe considering to get a bigger turbo for this and strip it down for track use.

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
Picture of everything going on soon. Hopefully the end of March.

IMG_0651_zps46525234.jpg

IMG_0676_zps173edd86.jpg

Going decat milltek :)

Car is also booked in at Dominion Detailing April 8th so the car paint will get a fresh start which im looking forward to :)

PriceyFR

Stranger...
Nov 30, 2007
Ipswich/Belfast
Hey mate, just had a read through your thread - nice car!

I had a diesel 1 of these a few years ago...absolutely loved it, even if the turbo did blow up after 8000 miles from new!! (down to a harsh remap and a very heavy right foot!

I had my bump strips colour coded, heres a few pics of mine, I would personally colour code them!

DSCF2557.jpg

DSCF2639.jpg

dsc00218fo7.jpg

dsc00219is4.jpg

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
Hey mate, just had a read through your thread - nice car!

I had my bump strips colour coded, heres a few pics of mine, I would personally colour code them!

dsc00219is4.jpg

Hey cheers. Your car looked v.nice. I am in the process of painting the strips at the moment. It's talking some time and is prob not the exact colour of my car but I'm doing it myself so not complaining. Will look forward to when I get them on.

PriceyFR

Stranger...
Nov 30, 2007
Ipswich/Belfast
I painted mine myself too and they turned out well - apart from when i stuck them back on it was a bit tricky getting them to stick flush.so i would advise buying new bump strips and painting them,rather than taking the original ones off and doing them

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
Update

De cat and coilovers are getting fitted on thursday so i got a quick video of the exhaust as it is just now.
Custom cat back with jetex cone filter..

For an iphone 5 the video quality is pants! Sounds better with headphones in or a sub.
I was running late and could only get the video at night as well :(

Last edited:

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
What I Have Been Up To...

De-cat downpipe has been installed, and the other cat was chopped out so the car is pretty loud now and pulls better up the revs.

Coilovers have been put on but they are limited to 35mm at the back due to the exhaust fouling the rear axel :-/ A costy job to get the exhaust modified seemingly.

A professional detail was carried out 2 weeks ago today, which has brought up the paint amazing. All swirls removed and products on the car to last up to a year!

Rear arch rust was rectified for the 3rd time in 6 months, Seat bodyshop took a bit longer this time so hopefully i wont be back!! In return they painted my seat for some reason :confused: (You can see this on the detail)

Finished off my side strips but as you can see from the pictures its a completly different shade of white so im probably going to bail on them and leave black!

Link to the detail - http://www.dominiondetailing.co.uk/IbizaFR.html

Last edited:

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
The plan so far is to get my new grill in the front. The chrome surround is gone and S is wrapped in gloss black. Struggling to find time to get the bumper off be get this done.

I also have a forge turbo intake pipe that im meant to be putting on myself but who knows when i will have time for that. Looks a hell of a job for my abilities as well.

I will be getting a video of the exhaust some point this week.

And lastly to get some times down at crail!!

danmaxwell90

what a raft... also i dont recall giving you permission to put me or my car on show?