Leon Cupra HPFP

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
god your an absolute **** at times

40+ mpg is achievable with very careful driving, would i do it every day, nope as thats not what the car was purchased for

if you actually bothered to read my posts you would see i said this was not the norm for driving "normally"

Have a look at posted stage 1 Graphs and you will see 90%+ of them are over the 300 bhp mark

Don't talk to me like that irfan, time and time again on this forum you have dug a hole for your self talking rubbish ,
You made a statement saying that you can get 40 plus mpg out of your Cupra , what's seats book figures for the Cupra ?
Most you can get is 34 with a push normal driving conditions , every 10 seconds spent at traffic lights decreases your mpg by .1 of an mpg
And traffic lights are part of everyday normal driving
Back up your statements before you open that big mouth of yours.

Sorry OP

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Don't talk to me like that irfan, time and time again on this forum you have dug a hole for your self talking rubbish ,
You made a statement saying that you can get 40 plus mpg out of your Cupra , what's seats book figures for the Cupra ?
Most you can get is 34 with a push normal driving conditions , every 10 seconds spent at traffic lights decreases your mpg by .1 of an mpg
And traffic lights are part of everyday normal driving
Back up your statements before you open that big mouth of yours.

Sorry OP

Lol have you even looked at the book figures only person digging a hole is you

I have said that was not normal driving but it is achievable, I believe someone has also posted in this thread showing similar mpg (there's your backed up information)

Just cos your not capable of doing done not mean its not possible

Edit book figures for reference
Fuel consumption (urban) 26.4 mpg
Fuel consumption (extra urban) 42.8 mpg
Fuel consumption (combined) 34.9 mpg

Last edited:

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Going back on topic I would think very strongly about rejecting the car, sounds like its pretty much had it to be honest

williburp

Dec 24, 2012
Camborne
Thanks for getting back on topic, If it doesnt get fixed this time the car will be rejected. I have already told the dealer this

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Thanks for getting back on topic, If it doesnt get fixed this time the car will be rejected. I have already told the dealer this

Keep at them. The only dealers I have come across that are not a bunch of window lickers are roadside motors lurgan but I have seen the manager/boss and he emanates typical managerial mongness.

Mervyn stewart motors tried to tell me that my thermostat was working perfectly and that my car didn't have speakers in the rear doors after they had repaired a failed seal. I said to them go look at the other door and tell me it's not supposed to have speakers in it.

They, ok vast majority of them, try and do as little as possible to fix it and hope you'll disappear. I can't understand this attitude as they claim back the expense from the warranty company or at least that's the way it worked with the skoda fabia I had bought.

And as for not knowing what the problem is, do you believe that for a second? The parts guy at a ford dealers in antrim is very good and I get parts off him, so he can get a problem diagnosed to a tee over the phone from just a description. Most of the guys reading this thread have gave diagnosis all trending towards the same area. Anyone working with vehicles day in and day out will be able to put their finger on it more or less straight away.

Last edited:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I have just read through your post from start to finish again

Just to clear a couple of points up , was your cambelt changed before you bought the car ?
If so I am willing to bet anything your timing is out , my exhaust popped and banged all the time through the exhaust until SEAT eventually stripped my head off to find it was about 40 degrees out of position on the intake cam shaft , I too had fuelling problems , my car was running rich and costing me about £70 a month of fuel more than it should be ie a tank more

Don't waste your time trying to get a bod from Milton Keynes to come out, I went through this , he said there was nothing wrong with my car , later found out they work on seats behalf not actual employees !
It's easy check for them to see if the timing is out , they need to line up the timing marks , and there are cutouts in the actual cams them selfs to take a locking tool , in my case the locking tool wouldn't fit.
If you have had bore wash and diluted oil from fuel I would now be telling the
That you want a full strip down report done on the engine and a replacement engine fitted.
No point fixing the issue now if you have been driving around on a petrol flooded engine !
Revos fuel pump failed and they fitted a new engine !

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Lol have you even looked at the book figures only person digging a hole is you

I have said that was not normal driving but it is achievable, I believe someone has also posted in this thread showing similar mpg (there's your backed up information)

Just cos your not capable of doing done not mean its not possible

Edit book figures for reference
Fuel consumption (urban) 26.4 mpg
Fuel consumption (extra urban) 42.8 mpg
Fuel consumption (combined) 34.9 mpg

I'm not going to reply to your childish post on here and ruin the OP's Original post especially as it's something I can help him with !
And for the record no I didn't check the mpg book figures , not that much of a geek !
So agreed back on topic hopefully with a reply which will help him out and get his car fixed

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
I'm not going to reply to your childish post on here and ruin the OP's Original post especially as it's something I can help him with !
And for the record no I didn't check the mpg book figures , not that much of a geek !
So agreed back on topic hopefully with a reply which will help him out and get his car fixed

Incase you haven't noticed you have replied by copying my post lol

Keep digging away dude :rofl:

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
I have just read through your post from start to finish again

Just to clear a couple of points up , was your cambelt changed before you bought the car ?
If so I am willing to bet anything your timing is out , my exhaust popped and banged all the time through the exhaust until SEAT eventually stripped my head off to find it was about 40 degrees out of position on the intake cam shaft , I too had fuelling problems , my car was running rich and costing me about £70 a month of fuel more than it should be ie a tank more

Don't waste your time trying to get a bod from Milton Keynes to come out, I went through this , he said there was nothing wrong with my car , later found out they work on seats behalf not actual employees !
It's easy check for them to see if the timing is out , they need to line up the timing marks , and there are cutouts in the actual cams them selfs to take a locking tool , in my case the locking tool wouldn't fit.
If you have had bore wash and diluted oil from fuel I would now be telling the
That you want a full strip down report done on the engine and a replacement engine fitted.
No point fixing the issue now if you have been driving around on a petrol flooded engine !
Revos fuel pump failed and they fitted a new engine !

Great post. Exactly why I also asked if the belt had been changed. Agree with everything there.

I would be demanding that the guy that mapped the car isn't allowed anywhere near it.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I read this on page 1 and ignored until now. Having read it, surprised simple things haven't been checked up until this point. If the oil has been thinned out so much by petrol, I'd be plenty worried.

williburp

Dec 24, 2012
Camborne
Cambelt and waterpump were done the same time as the service in Feb 2012. I didn't think about timing, didn't know it would do that sort of thing. Would it still be an intermitant fault if it was timing?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Yes it will because the timing is variable on these engines , so in certain conditions and certain loads the car will act differently.
That's why seat dismissed my car as normal ! Even though the timing was out
You may be lucky being only one tooth out at the crank , or your could find that they siding lock the camshafts and moved one by mistake.
As I said is quite easy for the workshop to check.

anthony37

Take No ****!
Jun 21, 2010
Edinburgh
Williburp, sorry to hear about you'er problem! It must be every guys nightmare to experience this!!

Very good read & very interesting btw!

I'm quite blown back with this fuel & oil mixture! I think this's a part that should be checked on a more regular basis who don't have this problem! ! If they they refuse to replace you'er engine I would make sure they rebuild it with BRAND-NEW cams!

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
I read this on page 1 and ignored until now. Having read it, surprised simple things haven't been checked up until this point. If the oil has been thinned out so much by petrol, I'd be plenty worried.

Agreed the simple things should have been checked first, it only takes a few mins I just don't understand why the dealer hasn't done it