Stop Screw Adjustment 1749VC Hybrid

S10EAT

Jul 31, 2010
Eastbourne
Badger, only reason I'm trying to avoid removing the turbo is a) I don't have all the tools necessary and b) the last two garages to touch the turbo have snapped the oil feed pipe where it meets the oil filter housing and I don't particularly fancy having all my engine oil leak out again.

I can't find a competent garage to work on my car any where in East Sussex.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Turbo removal may be the easiest option. Undo the bolts on the sub frame and lower it down without removing it, will give you a lot more room, as will removing the driveshaft

S10EAT

Jul 31, 2010
Eastbourne
UPDATE: Mapping is coming along much better now, holding boost with no dip in the mid to high end now.

I've just realised something quite strange though, I was reading through some of my older emails and realised that I had a similar problem with low end spool even with the original PD150 turbo which was one of the reasons I was thinking about replacing it (other was siren noise)...

So, my question is what else can cause low end spool other than a turbo that is not set up correctly? It may also be the case that it does need slight adjustment on the stop screw but thinking about it 144mbar 011 basic settings should be giving better spool than I'm getting surely?

Injectors?

Any opinions on that?

S10EAT

Jul 31, 2010
Eastbourne
Exhaust restriction mainly. Blocked CAT.

Injectors would show on VCDS logs.

Shouldn't have a problem with exhaust as I have the cat removed and 2.25" piece fitted in place and have an aftermarket cherry bomb type muffler on the back.

What do I need to look for in the logs for injectors? low mg/str?

Thanks,

S10EAT

S10EAT

Jul 31, 2010
Eastbourne
Badger,

No, that is the thing that is strange, I can't remember a time when I have seen anything more than a slight grey haze, it feels like it's lacking fuel delivery.

Most of time I see nothing out the back.

This is a graph of the IQ I did last month on original map.

Thanks,

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
From that graph, the ECU is limiting fueling as the turbo isn't sucking enough air in. Hence why the yellow line looks similar to your boost line.

What intake setup are you running?

S10EAT

Jul 31, 2010
Eastbourne
Standard Airbox, standard filter, standard TIP only modification is a R32 snorkel to airbox.

I have a SFS intake pipe lying around, is it worth trying it with this and running log again?

Thanks,

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Not really sucking in that much air. I've got the GTB1756VK and that is sucking in over 1500 from 2000rpm.

Wonder if the N75 mapping isn't low enough from idle.

S10EAT

Jul 31, 2010
Eastbourne
I tested out a S2000 air filter on mine and just found a MAF log I did just after the change, looks a lot better doesn't it?

Should I change back to the S2000 air filter?

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Wouldn't harm doing so. I'm running the S2000 filter and it's loads better. You could ask the mapper to swap to MAP based smoke limiter and go that way to see if it's the fueling that's an issue.

S10EAT

Jul 31, 2010
Eastbourne
I've read about your build! I didn't get to do much testing with the filter, do you get much heatsoak with the filter? As it's getting hotter I worry about it without an enclosure.

Ok I'll ask my tuner about that.

Thanks,

S10EAT

Jul 31, 2010
Eastbourne
I shouldn't have any trouble then as I've got the S3 FMIC :)

Going to get the stop screw looked at on Monday, my gut tells me my low spool is something else though.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.