Head unit change

jinkingjb

Hi all!

Been reading bits and pieces on here for the past couple of weeks about my new seat ibiza and found some really useful information :)

I'm trying to swap out the single din head unit because 1. the navigon sat nav & bluetooth integration is horrible & 2. aftermarket is always better! but the model of car I own has a row of switches underneath such as hazard and ESP. Of course I can find the double din facias etc but nothing to incorporate these darn switches.

Did some digging and found this switch that I could potentially use to move the switches from their current location - staticclub.caradisiac.com/1/voitures-espagnoles/gg_fr-ibiza-fr/photo/hd/4361228436/29624903d0/gg_fr-ibiza-fr-img_20130222_144608-big.jpg

After searching the internet for most of the weekend and reading through numerous posts on here I've given up and need to ask the community for help.

Has anyone actually replaced this unit and how?

Thanks in advance!
JB

P.S - My current head unit d2ql42y3jnc6yy.cloudfront.net/storage/2012/11/seat-ibiza-cupra-2013-05.jpg

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hi all!

Been reading bits and pieces on here for the past couple of weeks about my new seat ibiza and found some really useful information :)

I'm trying to swap out the single din head unit because 1. the navigon sat nav & bluetooth integration is horrible & 2. aftermarket is always better! but the model of car I own has a row of switches underneath such as hazard and ESP. Of course I can find the double din facias etc but nothing to incorporate these darn switches.

Did some digging and found this switch that I could potentially use to move the switches from their current location - staticclub.caradisiac.com/1/voitures-espagnoles/gg_fr-ibiza-fr/photo/hd/4361228436/29624903d0/gg_fr-ibiza-fr-img_20130222_144608-big.jpg

After searching the internet for most of the weekend and reading through numerous posts on here I've given up and need to ask the community for help.

Has anyone actually replaced this unit and how?

Thanks in advance!
JB

P.S - My current head unit d2ql42y3jnc6yy.cloudfront.net/storage/2012/11/seat-ibiza-cupra-2013-05.jpg

I can't find it at the moment but there is a video showing how to move those switches back down to the panel in front of the gearstick so you can fit a double din unit in the dash.

jinkingjb

If you could point me in the right direction that would be a huge help. I've tried so many search phrases on youtube but came up with nothing

jinkingjb

Looks like this is the only way to get it done. Halfords are useless and just said it's not possible.

If anyone could point me in the direction of some instructions that would be fantastic! :)

jinkingjb

You're simply the best, this doesn't look too difficult to do at all! :)

jinkingjb

You can put pretty much any double din headunit in there but 2 things are required.

Moving buttons to the centre console with part number 6J0927137 (good luck finding this!)
ZENEC adapter Z-EACC-S6J for the button wiring (there may be alternates but i've yet to find them)

Seat really didn't want us to change this head unit!!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK

jinkingjb

Thanks but i've seen this and countless others on ebay without the ESP / Pass Air bag warning buttons :(

jinkingjb

Has a few scratches on it but it's the best / cheapest out there at the moment.

Next... my search for the wiring adaptor to move them. Trying to locate a part mentioned in that video - Z-EACC-S6J

This'll keep my warranty valid as I won't be chopping any cables :D

jinkingjb

Ok to update this thread with everything required:

Seat Ibiza 2008-2014:
CTKST02 - Facia / Bracket / Stalk controls / Fakra adaptor
6J0927137 - New console for Hazard / ESP / Pass airbag buttons
Z-EACC-S6J - Cable to move above buttons without cutting wires (bought from NL or DE)

Last part of the puzzle is making sure the OEM parking sensors still work.. will update once I figure this out

jinkingjb

The part number is generic for the console itself. It could have upto 3 extra letters on the end

jinkingjb

does anyone know if the buttons themselves are removable so you can put them in to a console?

They are not.

Having some issues with this now, got the zenec cable and hooked that up to the new console, the hazards work fine but the esp / pass airbag dont, although i'm sure the pass airbag just needs resetting as the dash light is still on with the old console and setup.

The new console doesn't sit flush but worst of all ..double din head units DO NOT fit in the hole. Took my nice new pioneer completely out of it's outer casing and it still doesn't fit. The internal space for the head unit has quite a big bit of raised plastic inside.

Single din is the only option...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise