Zenfr

Jun 23, 2013
Got mine today :) here it is
mh6n1k.jpg

335fbjd.jpg

Zenfr

Jun 23, 2013
Looks good, was it easy to fit, mine should be arriving in a few days

yes pretty easy just take the existing screws from the bottom off and line up the diffuser over the top and screw in. Only annoying thing is maybe holding it in line when trying to put the screws in but once you get a couple in the rest is easy.
Mine was harder to fit as my rear bumper was damaged from a hit and run.

took time to arrive but its worth it :)

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
Got mine today :) here it is
mh6n1k.jpg

335fbjd.jpg

I've ordered one of these. Could i just ask, is it just the way your camera has caught it or is the quality of the diffuser a little poor? In the close up picture, the gloss black gel coating looks very uneven and what looks like scratches under the gel below the number plate.

Starting to wonder if i've made a wrong choice on this now?!

Could anyone else who has one confirm the quality of the finish on these?

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
They aren't perfect but mine isn't as bad as that one looks on the photo!
bd3e7b24329fdccebdb190ea9fb22d9b.jpg

Yours doesn't look as bad. I'm starting to wonder if Triple R are putting quantity over quality?!

I have the front splitter, yes it looks good from a distance but when i got it out the box, it had a lot of imperfections on inspection

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
Well my Triple r diffuser arrived yesterday.

Have to say i'm not impressed with it at all, the finish is really bad!

Actually looks second hand, it's that bad!

Lots of marks and rough bits on it and scratches under the gloss finish that wont come out?!

Very poor for something that cost £135!

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Not that I like it and want to stick up for them but they will be the first to admit the product is unpainted the black is just a releasing agent they apply to help get it out of the moulds if you want perfection you have to paint them

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
Not that I like it and want to stick up for them but they will be the first to admit the product is unpainted the black is just a releasing agent they apply to help get it out of the moulds if you want perfection you have to paint them

Fair point but they should make you aware of that before you buy, for me for a company to put the company sticker on something would make it a finished item, why put a sticker on if it needs to be painted before fitting?

It could put people off knowing it costs £135 then they have to pay to have it painted

hubbly_bubbly

[center][img]http://i374.
Aug 18, 2008
Johannesburg, South Africa
Well my Triple r diffuser arrived yesterday.

Have to say i'm not impressed with it at all, the finish is really bad!

Actually looks second hand, it's that bad!

Lots of marks and rough bits on it and scratches under the gloss finish that wont come out?!

Very poor for something that cost £135!

Interesting to hear about the issues with the finish.

That's the reason I chose not to mould my diffuser including that top half of the rear valance. That large a surface area being flat and angled upwards to create a perfect mould that's repeatable to the same finish is almost impossible (especially going with gloss finish). I chose to mould a diffuser that replaces the lower half of the original valance and the top half of the original valance (with the number plate and oem clips) is retained. It takes a lot of work in the paint shop with filling, sanding and painting to get perfect mirror finish.

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
Interesting to hear about the issues with the finish.

That's the reason I chose not to mould my diffuser including that top half of the rear valance. That large a surface area being flat and angled upwards to create a perfect mould that's repeatable to the same finish is almost impossible (especially going with gloss finish). I chose to mould a diffuser that replaces the lower half of the original valance and the top half of the original valance (with the number plate and oem clips) is retained. It takes a lot of work in the paint shop with filling, sanding and painting to get perfect mirror finish.

I can see why you did it that way, not easy i guess but worth it.

I don't think it would take much work to get the diffuser to a good finish but it's work i just didn't know i would need to do!

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
Do their front splitters suffer from similar defects too?

The splitter i got wasn't anywhere as bad as the diffuser. Some very minor defects but nothing drastic. Plus with the splitter not being as big you don't notice them.
The diffuser is a large piece and a large part of the bumper so the defects are very obvious, even more so in sunlight and i presume with car headlights behind, it will look a mess!

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
Well i contacted Triple R about the state of the diffuser.

They have responded and said that it shouldn't be like that.

They are having the one i have collected and sending out a replacement.

Good after sales service.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.