• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

johndow

Full Member
May 20, 2005
30
0
N ireland
I want to change in the next few months and looking at the pros of this car. Have always had VAGs and currently have 2 Octavias. Looking to change the old Mk with 170k miles and would like one of the new 1.2tsi engine VAGs for mostly town driving about 4k miles per year.

So whats so good about them?
 
I have one, November 2014, 5 door currently on 2000 miles. It's a great engine, very smooth and has a good amount of punch if needed. I can get mid 40's mpg on a 10+ mile journey and high 30's, low 40's on my 6 mile commute.

The interior is a nice place to be. This is my 4th Ibiza (first mk5) and the build quality is certainly much improved.

The seats are good, although it's taken me a while to get used to them with me being of the larger build!

I say go for it. I have the storage pack, 17" Tagus, rear electric windows and winter pack.

I'd recommend the storage pack for the armrest and the winter pack for the heated seats.

Anything else you need to know?
 
I have one, November 2014, 5 door currently on 2000 miles. It's a great engine, very smooth and has a good amount of punch if needed. I can get mid 40's mpg on a 10+ mile journey and high 30's, low 40's on my 6 mile commute.

The interior is a nice place to be. This is my 4th Ibiza (first mk5) and the build quality is certainly much improved.

The seats are good, although it's taken me a while to get used to them with me being of the larger build!

I say go for it. I have the storage pack, 17" Tagus, rear electric windows and winter pack.

I'd recommend the storage pack for the armrest and the winter pack for the heated seats.

Anything else you need to know?
Cheers. Do u expect to get better mpg as the engine gets bedded in? Book mpg seems quite optimistic. Would b great if it were close.

Currently hav the mk2 1.6crtdi octavia estate doing short runs averaging about mid 40s but bad for the dpf. Ibiza same power 105bhp but lighter and was hoping mpg wouldn't be much less..
 
I think it will get better, when I first got it I struggled to get high 30's. I don't think it'll ever see the book mpg as this is done in a controlled environment and not out on the road.

You can't really compare the two as the diesel has better torque. Remember the buying price of the petrol ibiza will be less than that of the diesel one and the cost of a litre of petrol is less that a litre of diesel. My best mpg so far was on a one hour motorway journey with 10 mins through Glasgow where I got an indicated 49.8mpg.

There's also the noise the engine makes - this is my first petrol (nevermind turbo petrol) in years and it makes a cracking noise on full throttle!
 
I've had my 13 plate 1.2 TSi FR 3 dr for about 4 months now and I'm really pleased with it.

I've had faster cars in the past but this really is a cracking little car - great fun to drive and handles so much better than I expected - my last car was a Cooper S and I never expected to enjoy going around islands and corners as much as I do in the Ibiza. The steering is accurate and responsive and there is tons of grip from the Michelin tyres.

Just don't expect it too keep up or beat your average rep in his 2.0 Tdi on a straight stretch of road !

However, the engine is so willing and eager that I don't really mind the car being slower (an extra 20 bhp and torque would be perfect)

Having cruise is lovely and I got 44 mpg on a trip down to London the other day - this was with the CC set to 75 mph on the Sat nav so showing 78/79 on the speedo - I'm pleased with that.

Running around I'm getting about 40 mpg which again I'm happy with - drive carefully and you can do more but thrash it and it will soon drop down to 35 mpg.

I wish mine had climate control but only really so it made the interior nicer to look at. With the cheap tax, good mpg it really does succeed in being a cheap to run but fun car to own.
 
Last edited:
I'd personally go for the 1.4 ACT as the fuel econ is a lot better, I have had my FR 1.4 Black Edition since January and I love it, as it has both the fuel econ and a bit of umph when needed.
 
I've been tempted to change my 1.4 non turbo for the 1.2 TSi but I've heard there's reliability issues with them so I'm not sure really - better to get there than not at all I think :think:
 
tell me about it!!

I miss my 1.9tdi A4 :cry:

Kind of irritating that in order to see off reps etc you need something with serious poke that's designed for the job (VXR, Cupra, Renault Sport), showing my age here but they were all driving 8 valve 1.6/1.8 non turbo petrols in the 80s and 90s.

Since that was the same as most peoples cars it was a level playing field, they also posed no threat for anyone with an 'enthusiast' car, but that's no longer the case since VAG made that engine!
 
Kind of irritating that in order to see off reps etc you need something with serious poke that's designed for the job (VXR, Cupra, Renault Sport), showing my age here but they were all driving 8 valve 1.6/1.8 non turbo petrols in the 80s and 90s.

Since that was the same as most peoples cars it was a level playing field, they also posed no threat for anyone with an 'enthusiast' car, but that's no longer the case since VAG made that engine!



To be honest I could easily leave them for dust with my 1000cc now its a 1300cc that will be leaving them!

these are the two wheeled verity of transport :D

a cars just a car to me bikes are where I get my kicks

is it crazy my bike has a bigger engine than my car :lol: