Advice brand new seat...

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
I've noticed that SEAT no longer say that the Tech Pack is "free". It is now "included" with the car.

But if you look at sites such as Drive the Deal, they charge an extra £1,085 for Tech Pack models (before their discount).

Yea I noted this too, but it's hard work conveying that the base price for the FR trim now includes Technology pack and Full Led Lights to the Seat dealers. Most of them are including the original price of the tech pack to make the margin of discount look larger than it actually is. But a few dealers (like my local guys) in fairness have knocked off £1085 before giving further 8-9% discount. I suppose it's harder for them to do big discounts on the smaller, less expensive car like the 1.4 as opposed to bigger engine cars like 2.0TDI 184PS. Probably because the margin is lower and they still want to make a profit.

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
Just configured the whole car on seat.co.uk, here is a link for anyone who is interested. To me it looks like the "Navigation system High" doesn't exist anymore :cry: as it can't be selected and it doesn't show up in the final configuration of a SE or FR trim.

http://configurator.seat.co.uk/seat-cc/deep.do?c=006_DEFAULT&l=en&mkey=summary&cid=CARLINE-5F1-LEON-FR&mid=ALL-5F15YX%2F0-2016&pids=GWACWAC%3BGPG8PG8%3BGPNCPNC%3BGPSSPSS%3B5F1-2016-5%3BGPSPPSP%3BF56+++++CP%3BGPJFPJF%3BGPCIPCI%3BGPXXPXX%3BGPMLPML%3B5F1-2016-42%3BGWNEWNE%3BCP-N0V-Q4H%3BF14+2Y2Y&lo=desktop

Last edited:

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
Yes, and I wouldn't trust the configurator completely for your final car lol

Why is that man...please do elaborate a bit more ;)

I just did it to get a list of my chosen engine and trim, exterior colour, interior trim, optional equipment and accessories.
I will deduct the £1085 charged for tech pack and full led lights and of course £105 charged for space-saving spare
wheel from the total price displayed, brings it to £23439.00

Last edited:

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
There's just a lot of options that require another option to have or certain models that can't have certain options or it doesn't account for the tech pack price. It gets slightly complicated and I doubt the configurator gets updated frequently enough to nail all of that. However it does so a pretty good job of speccing a car and rough price - just don't take it as gospel.

Also I implore you to check out autotrader for nearly new deals - you'll be looking around the 16k mark for a 1.4 act you just won't get the spec you want. However ask yourself are those few options really worth an extra 3-4 grand?

Si FR

Jun 27, 2015
I went in for a nearly new Leon and came out with a brand new one! It's got loads of options and they knocked almost 2.5k off. The 0% finance did it for me though! Won't get anywhere near as good as that on financing a second hand car.

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
There's just a lot of options that require another option to have or certain models that can't have certain options or it doesn't account for the tech pack price. It gets slightly complicated and I doubt the configurator gets updated frequently enough to nail all of that. However it does so a pretty good job of speccing a car and rough price - just don't take it as gospel.

Also I implore you to check out autotrader for nearly new deals - you'll be looking around the 16k mark for a 1.4 act you just won't get the spec you want. However ask yourself are those few options really worth an extra 3-4 grand?

Cheers man, yea I understand what you mean. The configuration is pretty sound tbh...if you click on all the 5dr trims you see there is a limitation on options and it also prompts you to add required options or packs to have the desired options. So I'm pretty certain on all fronts minus the no cost thing on the navigation system high option.

I think what it comes down to is options for me and colour etc. to me it makes no sense to comprise just because you might save a few quid on an older model. I sat and worked out the interest and total cost. To me it's worth spending that extra 1-2k and getting a current make with all they toys ;) on 0% finance.

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
I went in for a nearly new Leon and came out with a brand new one! It's got loads of options and they knocked almost 2.5k off. The 0% finance did it for me though! Won't get anywhere near as good as that on financing a second hand car.

You are spot on man... The only bad thing for me is lead times for factory build. My local seat dealer is pretty good and has offered about 9.5% off the total price. It's only goin to increase as the Price goes up. I have to wait and see how much they will give me off but probs be around 2500-2700 which is good enough for me. I could save more with DTD.com but I prefer to spend £900 extra and buy local.

Best part is you don't pay interest. The used cars rates start around 8% if you are lucky by the end of it you don't save a huge amount and that's having comprised...

Si FR

Jun 27, 2015
Exactly. I was lucky and bought the one in the show room! Only had to wait 2 days

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
Exactly. I was lucky and bought the one in the show room! Only had to wait 2 days ��

That's lucky [B)]. I suppose the only negative that I can cite about my local seat dealer is that they didn't look hard enough to fulfil my needs. Initially, when we went for a test drive my only requirements were technology pack and Nevada white paint that's before I started going mad on the options lol. But they didn't have one in stock and was told that they couldn't source one which is what lifestyle said as well in fairness. Que sera sera!! :whistle:

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Yeah I guess 0% finance does help. I had the luxury of being able to bu mine outright so didn't have to weight that into the equations. Where abouts are you based?

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
Yeah I guess 0% finance does help. I had the luxury of being able to bu mine outright so didn't have to weight that into the equations. Where abouts are you based?

:lol: It's alright for some! But yeah for mere peasants like myself the 0% finance is a huge help and attraction.

I got mine from snows in Southampton, shall I try and grab you a quote?

I am in Kent man, yeah if it's not too much trouble for you then it's worth a try. I made a handy XL document with all my wants, it's pretty self explanatory really...probably be easier to give the Southampton guys this to see what they can do for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qpsris4osb7dzg/Final%20Leon%201.4Eco%20TSI%20Configuration.xlsx?dl=0

appreciate it,
Cheers man

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
UPDATE:

I am told that Navigation System High is not available with Technology Pack and is not compatible with full link lol....:confused:

While I believe the former the latter seems incorrect as on seat.co.uk it clearly states Navigation System High comes with Full link Technology.

Jesus why is this so complicated.[:@]

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)

I had the cash to buy mine outright too, but took the SEAT 0% deal and kept the rest in my Santander 123 account which pays me 3% interest, it would be daft not to.

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
UPDATE:

I am told that Navigation System High is not available with Technology Pack and is not compatible with full link lol....:confused:

While I believe the former ....[:@]

I wouldn't even believe that. According to the SEAT brochure (p11), The Nav System High requires the Technology Pack !

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
I had the cash to buy mine outright too, but took the SEAT 0% deal and kept the rest in my Santander 123 account which pays me 3% interest, it would be daft not to.

Very shrewd man [B)]

I can only wish, I had that sort of cash lying around :cry:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise