Advice brand new seat...

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
Hi guys I need some advice on which car to order....I have narrowed it down to the 1.4 or 1.8 Leon, here are the deals I have been offered. I am not very knowledgeable with regards to cars and would appreciate any input.

1. Are the prices quoted fair?
  2. Which one is the better car 1.4 or 1.8?
  3. What's the difference between 1.4TSi ACT and 1.4EcoTSi?

• New Leon 1.4 EcoTSI 150 FR 5dr [Technology Pack] - £20525
  • Metallic Nevada White Paint - £575
  • Performance alloy wheels - £385
  • Seat Leon Sound - £365
  • FR cloth - Black/Grey - £0
  • Convenience pack plus - £200
  • Rear view Camera - £215
  • Full link - £150
  • Foil sills with Leon logo - £85
  • Brings the total to £22,500
  • Dealer has offered me it for = £20425

• New Leon 1.8 TSI FR 5dr [Technology Pack] with all the same options - £2138

Apologies if this has been asked a million times! :ban:
Thanks in advance

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
1. Those prices sound okay to me, but you may want to check the prices through a broker as others have saved quite a bit this way. Try carwow.

2. Its relative really. The 1.8 has bigger brakes, better suspension and goes like a train. The 1.4 is quicker than people imagine and has much better economy but does without the desirable extras given to the thirstier 1.8.

3. There isn't any difference. Seat changed the name they give the engine to ecoTsi to attract more buyers. Its still the same engine.

Hammo72

May 31, 2015
try and see if you can get a pre registered one with 5/6 miles on you might save a packet

I was offered pre-reg 184 diesel with tech and convenience pack and Seat sound with 154 miles on clock for £18k

Whizzwheels

Jun 10, 2014
Edinburgh
Playerjs, those prices sound expensive.... I assume you meant £21,380 for the 1.8?

Don't forget to check Drivethedeal! You configure the options on their website. I had a quote of £18,200 for the 1.4FR with the options you describe.

DTD are a highly reputable broker who give you a quote then put you in touch with the supplying UK main dealer. No downside other than they are unlikely to accept a trade-in.

Last edited:

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
Hi guys,

Thank you for all the replies, I appreciate it. I have a choice of ordering tomorrow or the 8th of July but I am a bit worried that the technology pack might not be free after the 30th of June... anyone know anything about this?

I considered the pre-reg seats but couldn't find one with those options and colour combination. Technically, as I will be the second user the car devalues further.

@Whizzwheels, yeah I meant to say £21,380 for the 1.8...it was just a typo!

I looked at DTD.com and rang my Dealer bout it but they couldn't match the quoted price and asked me to clarify the final OTR price with 0% APR PCP option.

When I phoned DTD.com they didn't want to elaborate on this and seemed very short and unhelpful. They simply asked if I had read the information on the website. I then said yes, but the info is a bit ambiguous can you explain it...anyway by the end of the conversation I was none the wiser.

As I read and understand it the info on DTD.com states...

>Discounted price includes £1100 off (if you take HP finance) which I am not...
(i.e. add £1100 to quoted figure)

>Then it says if you take PCP 0% finance add £1000 to discounted price...
(i.e. add £1000 to quoted figure)

Therefore, I need to add £2100 to the quoted discount price which makes the final OTR price....
Discounted price £18,644.35 + £2100 = £20744.35

That's £232.35 more than what my local dealer is offering.

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
PS. What year of manufacture will my car be? and as the lead times are 12-14weeks, will I get the new 65reg???

Thanks in Advance

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
looking at the new spec Seat's Makes we want one more and more, esp a Leon, I envy you mate,

My Toledo is over year old now and I still love it but new ones look so good, Shame Leon is just out my Price range unless I can get an awesome deal, but will keep and eye out in a years time.

Hope you enjoy one you get :)

Whizzwheels

Jun 10, 2014
Edinburgh
As I read and understand it the info on DTD.com states...

>Discounted price includes £1100 off (if you take HP finance) which I am not...
(i.e. add £1100 to quoted figure)

>Then it says if you take PCP 0% finance add £1000 to discounted price...
(i.e. add £1000 to quoted figure)

Shame DTD could not explain their wording, it is very confusing.

Perhaps others can clarify, but it is my understanding that you can take out the dealer's HP Finance on a small / minimum amount, then simply cancel it during the cooling off period and repay the loan before the first payment is due. Then you get the £1100 discount.

I agree about the £1k in lieu of 0%.

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
looking at the new spec Seat's Makes we want one more and more, esp a Leon, I envy you mate,

My Toledo is over year old now and I still love it but new ones look so good, Shame Leon is just out my Price range unless I can get an awesome deal, but will keep and eye out in a years time.

Hope you enjoy one you get :)

haha, thank you, nothing to envy man trust me...this will be my first ever car that's new or even decent for that matter. I had a 03-06 version corsa sxi, second driver, for 11years absolutely battered and was getting very embarrassing to drive around :blink:

Cars depreciate and change so quickly..especially with regards to technology so I will defo be in your shoes come next year and will be feeling the same about another luck sod on here :lol:

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
Shame DTD could not explain their wording, it is very confusing.

Perhaps others can clarify, but it is my understanding that you can take out the dealer's HP Finance on a small / minimum amount, then simply cancel it during the cooling off period and repay the loan before the first payment is due. Then you get the £1100 discount.

I agree about the £1k in lieu of 0%.

Yeah I was a bit taken back by DTD.com considering a lot of people have said good things about them and their dealings.

I am not rich nor will I ever be but I don't think I can be dealing with all the hassle tbh....

It will mean entering a credit agreement then cancelling and having to find another finance provider who will do another credit search and probably with a rate of 9-10% APR if I am lucky.

I rather...take out the 0% finance with my local dealer and have the option of the final payment or exchange for a new model.

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Yeah I was a bit taken back by DTD.com considering a lot of people have said good things about them and their dealings.

I am not rich nor will I ever be but I don't think I can be dealing with all the hassle tbh....

It will mean entering a credit agreement then cancelling and having to find another finance provider who will do another credit search and probably with a rate of 9-10% APR if I am lucky.

I rather...take out the 0% finance with my local dealer and have the option of the final payment or exchange for a new model.

I have just completed my deal using DtD and saved a fortune compared with my local dealer. I found the whole process straight forward and a pleasure, so sorry to hear you have had the opposite experience.

If you are taking out the 0% PCP you add £1k to the discounted price, not £2.1k - still sounds as if your local dealer is being more amenable than mine was re discounting.

Good luck - I really love my new Leon

Whizzwheels

Jun 10, 2014
Edinburgh
Sounds like you have really done your homework. I was just aware that DTD headline prices are generally good and I personally know they can be very hard to beat. But I agree, I didn't realise it was complicated depending on how it's financed. Prices I had returned from Carwow were much higher than DTD. Good choice of car. Have you decided 1.4 vs 1.8? I think I will go for the 1.4 as I think it is more economical around town, and the 1.8 is only quicker at high RPM on the open road.

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
haha, thank you, nothing to envy man trust me...this will be my first ever car that's new or even decent for that matter. I had a 03-06 version corsa sxi, second driver, for 11years absolutely battered and was getting very embarrassing to drive around :blink:

Cars depreciate and change so quickly..especially with regards to technology so I will defo be in your shoes come next year and will be feeling the same about another luck sod on here :lol:
Nice 11 years my longest was 4 years with my Ibiza got it in 2010 at 4years old had it unroll 2014 when I got my Toledo, but I guess the advantage of the PCP finance is you can trade it in after few years, so your just keeping cars on credit / leasing cars rather than owning
When I enjoy is the fact I don't have to worry about costs when car goes wrong apart from wear and tear, but then you can look at age and should if have gone so soon, good luck with it though buddy, Leons are lovely cars and the 1.4 engine is awsome

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
I have just completed my deal using DtD and saved a fortune compared with my local dealer. I found the whole process straight forward and a pleasure, so sorry to hear you have had the opposite experience.

If you are taking out the 0% PCP you add £1k to the discounted price, not £2.1k - still sounds as if your local dealer is being more amenable than mine was re discounting.

Good luck - I really love my new Leon

Thanks man. Providing you are right...which I am pretty certain that you are, then I have a bit of a moral dilemma. Do I go with my local dealer who has offered me the best price compared to other seat dealers or take a leap of faith and order via DTD.com who will save me £1100. There are perks to both buying local or over the net. But my dealer has been extremely patient and accommodating with regards to test drives, requests and queries. :confused:

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
Sounds like you have really done your homework. I was just aware that DTD headline prices are generally good and I personally know they can be very hard to beat. But I agree, I didn't realise it was complicated depending on how it's financed. Prices I had returned from Carwow were much higher than DTD. Good choice of car. Have you decided 1.4 vs 1.8? I think I will go for the 1.4 as I think it is more economical around town, and the 1.8 is only quicker at high RPM on the open road.

Not sure if I am entirely comfortable with the idea of DTD.com tbh especially after talking to them over the phone and not to mention they never replied to a request for a call me back.

I am going with the 1.4 as its more economical with regards to price/fuel consumption/road tax. I can afford more extras. Although, without out contradicting myself DTD.com may need a rethink, as I would be able to afford the Safety Pack. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if you guys can recommend which optional extras are worth getting with my new car. See ^ for the ones that I have chosen so far....

Ps. am I right in thinking that the Navigation System High is included with Tech Pack...Do I need to specifically request this from my dealer??

Thanks in advance

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if you guys can recommend which optional extras are worth getting with my new car. See ^ for the ones that I have chosen so far....

Ps. am I right in thinking that the Navigation System High is included with Tech Pack...Do I need to specifically request this from my dealer??

Thanks in advance

Spare wheel, the foam idea is not great.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members