Loss of DAB presets and logo's

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
Driving to work this morning and my infotainment system makes a bong (same bong as voice command prompt); I look at the screen and the radio has switched from DAB to FM. I switch back to DAB and all my preset stations and their respective logo's had gone…

I reset the system by pressing and holding the power on/off dial but it didn't make any difference.

Anyone else experienced this?

philjmoore

Jun 8, 2014
Mine has done this twice now, screen also seems to go into spasm as if the screen is catching up with presses that didn't register.
I've noticed that the screen stays in the phase as if you are about to/are touching it.

It seems to sort it's self out quicker if you leave it alone rather than try and jab buttons.

I will report mine to my dealer & see what happens!

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
That's the thing. I did't experience any loss of screen and/or radio reception. It instantly found all the national DAB stations and the screen was responsive though out.

The car is almost 2 years old so I'm surprised this hasn't happened before, if it is an actual problem.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Our car did this yesterday. Lost all the DAB stations plus the FM resets too. On FM the pretests changed to radio1, radio2, radio3 etc.

If you ask me the infotainment system in this car is a f***up.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
See if this works!

Hopefully a video of mine playing up!

Yip, saw the video. Thank you. Does the screen play up on other functions or is it just the radio?

That's not what ours did. It bleeped once and all the radio presets were gone. Both before and afterwards the radio and screen behaved as normal.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
In our case I don't think it's the touchscreen. In all other respects the screen acts as normal, if it was faulty it would effect any of the functions and not just the radio.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I don't think it is the touchscreen to be honest! It's more than likely a software bug

I think yours could be the screen. Your fault looks a bit different from mine in that the screen looks like it is not responding to input. Mine has never done that.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
It could still be the same fault

It could be. We have no idea what it is. My worry is that it doesn't manifest itself often enough to get a warranty claim out of them then it goes full-cabluey in a few years time. I'll be keen to see what your dealer says.

I'll call mine as well and see if he's aware of the issue. Doubt it though as so far he seems curiously unaware of most known problems with the car ;0)

Raven

Mar 10, 2014
I have the same with my Nav system.
Out of nowhere it loses the loggos and presets and switch to fm. Happened a couple of times and I've started to get a routine of sorting my presets now.

Sent using my fingers

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I'm hoping it's software and that the is no update and I will kick up a fuss and hopefully get the latest one with full link.....

So the link system works on our hardware? I thought the headunit was different.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise