Damn Noisy Fuel Tank!

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Since I posted in this thread I can't recall hearing it on my petrol. My mk2 was diesel and quite obvious tbh. I personally don't think its something that should put you off buying.

Never noticed on PD, noticed every fill up reversing on the drive in the CR but cant hear it in the GTI, but the tank is ridiculously small on the GTI which might help

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Fuel tanks used to have baffles or similar to impede any sloshing around, ah well thats me got something else to listen out for, I doubt very much it'll manage to talk over the missus.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Here's a photo of the bar code from a 1.2TSi.

pO2pxpS.jpg

It is clearly marked petrol so the diesels might have different baffles and volume.
It's clearly a MQB VAG unipart for more that the LEON

I hear no noises when full to empty.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Perhaps its just us oil burners having the sloshing noise then.....

Must be all that extra torque throwing it around in there ;)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

EyesOnly

I hear it too, normally just after I have filled up and I am reversing onto our drive or into a parking space and break to come to stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monsoon

Dec 13, 2013
I took the plunge, bought a 1.8 FR, and can confirm no noise from the fuel tank. Seems like it may be more of a problem on diesel cars...

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
I've got a Mk3 diesel and can't say I've ever been aware of it.
will probably drive me crazy now.....
just get some test drives in and judge for yourself.
or get married. Then you'll never hear any background noise at all.......................

blacky89

Apr 28, 2016
Ireland
I'm not sure what's going on with my tank. I've a 2014 leon FR and especially with the tank full to the brim there's some seriously banging of the fuel splashing around and I feel it's getting worse. How is this an issue with mk3 that they got this so wrong.
I've brought it up with my local SEAT dealer and they say due to it not being a real mechanical fault it can't be replaced. So I don't know.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise