Damn Noisy Fuel Tank!

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I've brought it up with my local SEAT dealer and they say due to it not being a real mechanical fault it can't be replaced. So I don't know.

Just wondering
Do we think it's up to the individual technicians to come up with excuses to avoid fixing what might be a warranty claim- maybe the one who does the most/best/outlandish excuses in a year wins a prize from seat head office - or do they go on a special Seat Customer excuses course and get a special Seat approved excuses book that list them all and the technician chooses the most appropriate :censored: :D

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
I have a FR184 and i have never noticed the noise,i empty my fuel tank then fill it right up and always back my car on the drive .I have a boot mat and carpet on top of that so i don't know if that's helping to baffle it out.

blacky89

Apr 28, 2016
Ireland
It's due a service soon so I'm going to bring it up with the boys again and have a full tank when I bring it in. It's a little frustrating I have to say, but i'll live with it.

w8699

Jan 3, 2015
I regularly get the noise when reversing out of the drive and tank is nearly full. Not really of any concern.

shadak

Feb 13, 2014
Just to comment, I never heard this in my 2 MK3's and Im super sensitive to sounds in the car