What did you and your MK2 do today?

JMF894

Jul 11, 2014
Norfolk
Paintwork, MOT n Tyres........................

Well just back from my hols and had some minor paintwork and MOT on the FR whilst away.

I'd had a nasty scratch on the nearside rear quarter panel since September last year but because of personal circumstances couldn't' afford to get it done. In any case I wanted some other bits touched up if it was going in.

Finally done and I'm pleased. Also had front of BTCC sills tidied where they get mullered by front tyre grit and same for rear wheel arches. Had some cobwebbing done around rear number plate and the door mirrors done in Nissan Nismo Red whilst it was in too.

Passed MOT but needed a tyre due to a nail and as two were close I had 4 put on.

Went for the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asim 3's

Anyone got experience of these tyres as I've heard good things about the Asim 2's'?

Jimbo

Jaruba

Jun 18, 2014
Finland
I opened my hood and i found REVO air filter in two pieces. Everything was okay in tuesday but yesterday i drove +350km back to home in rain and now I discovered this... Luckily no vcds codes but i really dont wanna know what engine has been breathing....... :( Thank god I have spare filter so i can drive...

sry for the pictures, filter is not in perfect shape anymore because I smashed it

http: and then---> //i64.tinypic.com/2w1xqc3.jpg

http: and then---> //i65.tinypic.com/ih8e4y.jpg

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Is there anything left on those old pads lol, shocking that they weren't flagged up!

Regarding the back box, my brothers did the same and the skin came off but has been fine.

Nothing at all mate, completely done down to the bone lol! :rofl:

Thanks mate, nice to know it should be fine, just a curious question, when your door module goes, for not being able to open the door at all from the outside but the inside, is that an MoT fail or not?

--Lee

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Nothing at all mate, completely done down to the bone lol! :rofl:

Thanks mate, nice to know it should be fine, just a curious question, when your door module goes, for not being able to open the door at all from the outside but the inside, is that an MoT fail or not?

--Lee

Technically yes, if they actually check it.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Not the Leon but the wife's Ibiza - tried out my Autosmart Brisk interior cleaner and wet vac'd the seats with my Nilfisk 20t.

Some befores and afters

Also did the Leons seats but they could do with a stronger mix of the Autosmart stuff.

Very impressed with the Autosmart gear though.

Oh and the seats are still wet in the photos

Last edited:

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Not the Leon but the wife's Ibiza - tried out my Autosmart Brisk interior cleaner and wet vac'd the seats with my Nilfisk 20t.

Some befores and afters

Also did the Leons seats but they could do with a stronger mix of the Autosmart stuff.

Very impressed with the Autosmart gear though.

Oh and the seats are still wet in the photos

these were mine i did recently :) whoever had my car before me must be right scruffy :censored:s

Autobrite Direct FAB a stiff brush and my titan wet and dry soon sorted it ;)

rear%20seats%20before_zpstwuuo9fy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rear%20seats%20after_zps97gqbejl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

wclark1238

Feb 1, 2011
Wigan
Replaced both rear hubs (due to ABS wheel speed sensor fault on right rear). Decided that whilst stripping the thing down to replace hubs I might as well replace discs and pads too. Completed all of this in just under 2.5 hours on my drive at home. Was concerned that I might struggle with the hub bolts (both undoing and then torquing to 200nM +180 degrees). As it happens I JUST coped with getting bolts undone with an 18" breaker bar. Equally I was sure that I'd be unable to tighten much more than 200nM but I got the extra 180 degrees on both sides ok.

As a further treat I also fitted a pair of new number plates and got the local eastern Europeans down the road to complete a mini-valet on her. Now looking almost like new....well as new as a 57 plate car with 129k miles on it could! Most importantly the ABS/ESP faults have cleared.

Wonder what's next :whistle:

Last edited:

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members