Build week for new Cupra 290's

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Mine is like 8p per mile excluding VAT and the VAT will be whatever it is in 2 years time. I have a limit of 15k per year though which I shouldn't get within 500 miles of

lukeoslavia

Aug 8, 2016
have been driving my all day, and i have tried everything to get it to do the popping at 4k, no matter what i do i can't get it to do it..is it just the DSG model that pops? i can get it to bang if i let off near red line, but no gargling pops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springrollz

Jul 22, 2016
London
have been driving my all day, and i have tried everything to get it to do the popping at 4k, no matter what i do i can't get it to do it..is it just the DSG model that pops? i can get it to bang if i let off near red line, but no gargling pops

Nooo that's a real shame knowing it won't burble on demand.
Your reply earlier where you mentioned it "pulled HARD" makes me shiver with excitement and now my patience is wearing thin.
It pops when you shift at redline? Gawd, just one more week :(((

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015

I've heard people say you can't hear it inside the cabin and others say after 1000 miles their manual started to burble.

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
I've heard people say you can't hear it inside the cabin and others say after 1000 miles their manual started to burble.

Mine does it, saying that mines DSG, it needs to be warmed up to do it, it's from about 4K to 3k

Nickthegreek

Oct 20, 2016
Scotland
Hey guys. Thought I'd join up and say hi as I finally pick up my first ever seat today/tomorrow and it just happens to be a manual 5d Cupra in red. Ordered it second week of july and its been the longest 3 months ever, cant wait! :D

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015

You have it in Cupra mode too, right?

lukeoslavia

Aug 8, 2016
Mine does it, saying that mines DSG, it needs to be warmed up to do it, it's from about 4K to 3k

yeah drove it for 4 hours yesterday, so mine was definitely warmed up, just can't seem to hear it

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
So it looks like VWFS or the dealership have buggered the paperwork up with the excess mileage charge and it'll need to be redone, resigned and reapproved...so close. SO, so close...
(I'm not the only one either it seems!)

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
The DSG cars are definitely more vocal.

My father in law drove it, told him to give it some and the exhaust noise from the DSG change was so loud he said "sh** I've broken it" haha

On another note, food delivery lad came last night and was literally knocking a round of over the Cupra, he was chatting about it for a good 10 mins, love this car!

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
yeah hasn't come out of cupra mode haha, why buy a cupra and use it in comfort if it doesn't do it after 1k miles, then it's not exactly like i can take it back to seat and say why isn't it popping

There's a video on youtube of someone revving a 290 manual in neutral. It's burbling away. So the 4k lift off will happen. Just give it a little time. The trade off is fair enough, I couldn't put up with the fart from a DSG. I'd be paranoid people were like "look at that twat of a boy racer in his 1.2 leon ecomotive with a stupid exhaust" :cartman:

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
There's a video on youtube of someone revving a 290 manual in neutral. It's burbling away. So the 4k lift off will happen. Just give it a little time. The trade off is fair enough, I couldn't put up with the fart from a DSG. I'd be paranoid people were like "look at that twat of a boy racer in his 1.2 leon ecomotive with a stupid exhaust" :cartman:

Agreed - it sounds a little like one of those fart you let out after a night on the sauce that you thought you could trust...but you couldn't...

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
VWFS have increased the excess mileage charge from 6p to 6.98p plus vat. It added £13 per 1000 miles so I wasn't bothered as it was delaying delivery while it was being looked into by the dealer.

Lukeoslavia you already have changed the filter?

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth

Yep sounds just like a 1.2 mate

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
Yep sounds just like a 1.2 mate

Guess you've got a DSG then.

You ever been walking along the road when a DSG farts right next to you? It sounds identical to a baked bean exhaust. Really not a sound I'm into.

Others obviously think they sound great.

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
Guess you've got a DSG then.

You ever been walking along the road when a DSG farts right next to you? It sounds identical to a baked bean exhaust. Really not a sound I'm into.

Others obviously think they sound great.

Its not the best sound to be honest but I wouldn't say its like an exhaust you get on a 1.2 corsa,

I don't drive it like a tool anyway so it doesn't do the "fart" in places that people would walking right next to me.

I didn't get the DSG or the Cupra for the noise, I just like the Seat brand to be honest and the Cupra looks good, its the missus that uses it 95% of the time and it will be in comfort mode so not going to farting many places.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.